Solved low memory

eyexam

Reaction score
I keep getting messages that "storage space running low" and none of my apps can be updated for this reason. I delete some apps and usually still not enough space is freed up. Really sucks that the phone is LOADED with so many apps that CAN'T be deleted!! Of course there is no option to increase memory....
Any hope out there????

Thanks
Jeff

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just how many Apps do you have loaded? Try deleting some of your pics or videos that you don't need any longer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd recommend using drop box, drive or the free 5 gigs of vzw cloud storage.. Upload the pics you want to save, to one of them.. Then delete them off of your device.

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
Just how many Apps do you have loaded? Try deleting some of your pics or videos that you don't need any longer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
About 118 but it's more frustrating to have so many that I find useless.....

thanks
Jeff

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
I'd recommend using drop box, drive or the free 5 gigs of vzw cloud storage.. Upload the pics you want to save, to one of them.. Then delete them off of your device.
Guess I could but Dropbox fills up too fast!! I guess I could limit the Verizon upload to just pics (filled it up too fast with other files).
thanks
Jeff

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You aren't limited to DropBox. You can combine that with Box.net and Google Drive. There are a few more but that should solve the immediate problem..

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
You aren't limited to DropBox. You can combine that with Box.net and Google Drive. There are a few more but that should solve the immediate problem..
Sounds good; will check out those options....thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another option to think about is a USB OTG (On The Go) drive. I just picked up a 32GB drive on E bay for $18.99. The one I found has a regular USB end on one side and Micro USB on the other side to connect to the phone. This way you can transfer from your phone to the USB drive and then to a PC if you want. I don't take a lot of pics, but my wife does (10GB since August). I backed up all 10GB of pics from her Moto X to my OTG USB in about 30 minutes Friday night. Nothing wrong with the options that @leeshor, @FoxKat, and @94lt1 recommended...I use my Drive account a lot to backup pics and other files. But for me, 32GB of extra / portable storage was worth $19.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's one of the the OTG MicroSD adapters I've recently purchased. It was maybe $8 off eBay.

1317d37e40438d91d60a7dc609eafb9e.jpg

I bought two others even smaller and with double ends Micro USB and USA.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here's one of the the OTG MicroSD adapters I've recently purchased. It was maybe $8 off eBay.

1317d37e40438d91d60a7dc609eafb9e.jpg

I bought two others even smaller and with double ends Micro USB and USA.
Little better deal than I found. There are plenty of different styles & are worth the $ in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
Sounds good; will check out those options....thanks!
Ended up dumping video and lots of pics into my main computer; worked fine. Now some room to work with- appreciate the feedback.