Louder ringtone/notifications

carriemyah

Reaction score
I just got the Droid 2 and can barley hear the ringtone or notifications. I keep missing calls and messages. I turned up the volume and downloaded loud ringtones. Even the ringtones sound loud when you preview them but not at all loud when you set them as default. Is there anyway to fix this???? Are all Droids like this or did I just get a defective one?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I see the D2 is following in the D1's footsteps..lol

I miss calls a lot too. I have a D1 but, if I am in my car, I have no idea the phone is ringing. I have the volume at max and I have it vibrating too. Max volume is not louder than my radio and the vibration isn't even enough for my leg (phone in pants pocket) to feel it.

AS a BONUS... my phantom phone vibrations are gone. Know what I mean? With my old phone (Samsung Omnia) it vibrated so violently my leg got used to it. I'd think my phone was going off only to say "oh yeah, I left it at home".

Beverlyc

Reaction score
Calendar Volume alert is a barely audible whisper

I've had my Droid2 for a week (coming from a Blackberry) and have it figured out except for this issue:
My calendar alerts (using Gmail) are barely audible. (I wont even discuss the weak vibrate mode)
Outside of the calendar, the ring volume and notification volume is louder than the calendar volume although not great. When a calendar appt alert is activated I had to put it up to my ear to "almost" hear it. I'm missing appointments and jeopardizing my business!
I've downloaded "Nudnik" and bought the "full" version because I thought it would give me more volume control but it did not.
I've downloaded "Ringlert" to try and gain more volume control and try a louder ring type but that didn't work either. The incoming calls volume is at max in every setting but the calendar sounds, no matter what the ring type, volume, or application is a whisper.
I've called the Verizon help line but they told me they don't know why and to call Motorola. (the office is closed today)
I'm so paranoid about missing appointments I find myself holding it in my hand all the time. I might as well go "old school" and start writing them down in a book again.
Please help, I have only 20 more days on my 30 day trial, so if this is just the way it is, I need to return it before then.