Lost my resolve.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Being a gamer and into visuals and audio I definitely notice the screen. I hope that when I get the Bionic it wont annoy me too much

tcayton49

Reaction score
I think the people that annoy me the most are the ones that act like they have superior vision because they see problems with pentile screens and anyone who doesn't must be blind. Well, maybe its the people who DO see things that need to have their eyes checked. I mean if you are seeing some graininess just looking at a phone you should get that checked out, maybe its a tumor!

EFGantry

Reaction score
are you saying there isn't any pixelation??? the fact is, it's there. the SAMOLED has a lot of color saturation. it's there.

the question comes down to whether or not it's acceptable to YOU. if you find it acceptable, great. if others don't, that's fine, too. it comes down to a question of personal preferences, tolerances, and opinions - and since it's a personal choice there is no right or wrong answer. period.

tcayton49

Reaction score
are you saying there isn't any pixelation??? the fact is, it's there. the SAMOLED has a lot of color saturation. it's there.

the question comes down to whether or not it's acceptable to YOU. if you find it acceptable, great. if others don't, that's fine, too. it comes down to a question of personal preferences, tolerances, and opinions - and since it's a personal choice there is no right or wrong answer. period.

Yes, its a fact that there is pixelation, its a fact that every display on the planet has pixelation because they all use pixels. The thing is, unless its in a picture that has been ridiculously magnified, I don't see the pixelation. I recognize that there are people who do see it, and for them its a matter of tolerance, opinion, etc, but for me its a total complete non factor because i don't see it. I'm not seeing it and ignoring it, I'm just not seeing it. And I can't stand when people read that comment and act like its because I have bad vision(20/15 by the way)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone's going to have different tolerances for what they think is a good screen. I'm huge into quality screens, I can't even use a computer screen if it's not an IPS panel because lower quality ones drive me nuts. Viewing angles, color banding, pixelation ect...

My cousin said he thought the D3's screen looked good, but when I went to test it I thought the colors were very drab and there was slight pixelation, but more like the colors just didn't pop.

The DX2's screen is pretty bad as well, it's better than the X's terrible screen, but I'm hoping they've improved the X2's screen for the Bionic.

To me the screen is one of the most important things when deciding on a phone, it's how you do anything on the phone other than phone calls themselves.

Quality hardware and Motorola go hand in hand, where they lack is screen quality.

droidrenegade

Reaction score
I use my phone as a phone not an hd tv, game console, or computer, I do go on line from time to time .. But it is still a phone not anything else , The fact it does other things is good.Bottom line it is a phone. Not too long ago ,all it would do is make and receive a calls . they wouldn't even text. Again I buy phones to make and receive phone calls I do like the other options that come with it . But lets be real about what is it. This is just me you guys my feel diffrently.

Markster1

Reaction score
Everyone's going to have different tolerances for what they think is a good screen. I'm huge into quality screens, I can't even use a computer screen if it's not an IPS panel because lower quality ones drive me nuts. Viewing angles, color banding, pixelation ect...

My cousin said he thought the D3's screen looked good, but when I went to test it I thought the colors were very drab and there was slight pixelation, but more like the colors just didn't pop.

The DX2's screen is pretty bad as well, it's better than the X's terrible screen, but I'm hoping they've improved the X2's screen for the Bionic.

To me the screen is one of the most important things when deciding on a phone, it's how you do anything on the phone other than phone calls themselves.

Quality hardware and Motorola go hand in hand, where they lack is screen quality.

+ 1, my vision is 20/10 so I might see things a little clearer than others. I came from an htc phone and when I was trying it out green was not portrayed as accurately and I could see graininess. It doesn't work for me. Again I wish it did, the keyboard would have been nice but I do have swype.
Sent from my Incredible 2

bigdad63

Reaction score
I checked out the D3 2 weeks back and the screen was definitely a let down. I wouldn't say pixelation as much as poor colors.

FOR ME (since so many are mixing up personal opinion with personal attack), it's pixelation with kind of flat coloring.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Saying 'for me' is fine, never a problem. Saying someone must be blind if they dont see what you see..... is a wee bit different.

What I find kind of odd is the phones that had Amoled screens from last year....there was Pentile discussion....but not this much. Check the Incredible and Fascinate threads. Either that means Motorola is more popular in this forum and has more discussion...or Motorola is becoming the Apple of Android world...from bootloaders to Blur to Pentile to delays...ppl might just be loving to have things to hate on them for.

Could also mean ppl are more educated about Pentile based on last year and there is gonna be more discussion because of that. To the ones that didnt know about Pentile until this year...it didnt hurt Incredible or Galaxy S 1 sales from last year. Cuz everyone's not the same.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we worry way too much about the little things on here. The average consumer probably won't notice or won't care. I've watched people at the Verizon store by my look at the D3 and X2. They didn't have any questions about the display or even noticed anything wrong. The rep just say it was a high resolution screen, the X2 had a larger one without a keyboard, and the D3 was smaller without the keyboard. Those were his selling points.

Markster1

Reaction score
I agree the average consumer will not pay attention to the screen that much but alas, I'm not the average consumer, I use my phone a lot and its just something I can't get past. The camera also took forever to snap a picture and wifi was acting up on mine. Other than that I liked it. I'm a fan of the droid 3 but not enough to own one. Sorry, thats how I see it.

Markster1

Reaction score
I never meant to insult anyone I just found it hard for anyone not to see what I see but I've seen the light now.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think we worry way too much about the little things on here. The average consumer probably won't notice or won't care. I've watched people at the Verizon store by my look at the D3 and X2. They didn't have any questions about the display or even noticed anything wrong. The rep just say it was a high resolution screen, the X2 had a larger one without a keyboard, and the D3 was smaller without the keyboard. Those were his selling points.

I disagree.

If the average consumer didn't care about screen quality, then stores wouldn't crank up saturation/brightness settings on flat screens to grab their attention. The screen is the window into what a device can do.

As long as they keep the consumer ignorant, the greater chance they'll be unhappy with their device and I think that's a moral failure.

Just because it's a practice embraced by a company, doesn't mean it's right.

COSam

Reaction score
I disagree.

If the average consumer didn't care about screen quality, then stores wouldn't crank up saturation/brightness settings on flat screens to grab their attention. The screen is the window into what a device can do.

As long as they keep the consumer ignorant, the greater chance they'll be unhappy with their device and I think that's a moral failure.

Just because it's a practice embraced by a company, doesn't mean it's right.

I wouldn't compare phone shopping to TV shopping, though. When looking for a TV, picture quality is probably the most important deciding factor because it is solely a viewing device. There are so many more deciding factors when shopping for a cell phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums