I hate my bionic!!!

korn5979

Reaction score
I agree with ya there... My bionic was randomly rebooting once or twice a day, but my apps never disappeared.... at least that I have not noticed. I went ahead and exchanged it, no more random reboots, but then I got a new problem, apps disappearing... I just went ahead and returned my Bionic altogether on the 10th day.

Lol you should've just rooted it and installed a custom rom. There was obviously something wrong with the system settings, when you install a custom rom it changes most of the system settings. I had the problem before I rooted and rom'd up. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

korn5979

Reaction score
Did you ever swap yours for another Bionic just in case you got a defective one??... I ask because my Bionic's clarity is superb, probably the best of any smartphone I've had.

No, people don't think to do that. They just want to bash the phone because the phone was made to rule all phones! Lol

ruinah

Reaction score
does anyone ever purchase a device that doesn't quite work the way it should, and think to themselves "gee, maybe i got a faulty/defective device"? No, automatically they post a thread bashing the device and talking about how much they hate it.

If your bionic feels slower than your d2; then it is broken, quite simple.

this.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is just my opinion. I in no way see how you can compare a droid 2 to the Bionic. I've had D1, D2, D2G. Bionic has so much more than the previous mentioned. Not saying any of them are at all bad phones, they are all great. Where's HDMI on D2? Where's 4G? Where's Duel Core?

I still use my D2G for wifi.

EVERY single smart phone from Motorola has always had issues when first launched, and most likely always will. MOST smartphones from ANY company are more or less likely to have issues. That's why they HAVE firmware updates, and 95% of the time, corrects the issues. People buy a phone and expect perfection out of the box, which just is never going to happen. Being an early adapter to a phone is just another term that describes "Final Beta Testers". Fixes will be made, issues will be resolved. Nothing is ever perfect, but it can get better. If you like the D2 better, that's great. I don't know how many times I have seen "Everyone has their own preferences & issues" which stands true. But bashing a phone because you don't like it, does absolutely nothing constructive. Hell, I'd be happy if I still had my OG. Just no reason to bash a phone because you don't like it..

Now don't make me put "Always look on the bright side of life" video on here :p

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
This is just my opinion. I in no way see how you can compare a droid 2 to the Bionic. I've had D1, D2, D2G. Bionic has so much more than the previous mentioned. Not saying any of them are at all bad phones, they are all great. Where's HDMI on D2? Where's 4G? Where's Duel Core?

I still use my D2G for wifi.

EVERY single smart phone from Motorola has always had issues when first launched, and most likely always will. MOST smartphones from ANY company are more or less likely to have issues. That's why they HAVE firmware updates, and 95% of the time, corrects the issues. People buy a phone and expect perfection out of the box, which just is never going to happen. Being an early adapter to a phone is just another term that describes "Final Beta Testers". Fixes will be made, issues will be resolved. Nothing is ever perfect, but it can get better. If you like the D2 better, that's great. I don't know how many times I have seen "Everyone has their own preferences & issues" which stands true. But bashing a phone because you don't like it, does absolutely nothing constructive. Hell, I'd be happy if I still had my OG. Just no reason to bash a phone because you don't like it..

Now don't make me put "Always look on the bright side of life" video on here :p

I'm happy with my OG! xD

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2
Tapatalk

OP
X

xero925

Reaction score
Then you have to pay full price for your next upgrade, so you lose in the end.

If you just got it, and you don't like it, return it. Simple enough.
Actually I will bet you 500,000 grand that I will NOT pay full price for my next upgrade!

OP
X

xero925

Reaction score
The Bionic isn't going to be for everyone, if the shoe doesn't fit then don't wear it - be sure to let us know the outcome of your decision though, and about your HTC Vigor when you get it :)
OH yeah absolutely!!! I have had a better android experience with HTC phones. I liked the Eris a lot. It rooted very easily and I had custom software running it in no time! I think I will stick with HTC!!!

OP
X

xero925

Reaction score
Yeah man I have had all of these problems with all the Motorola phones I've had! The D2G does all these same things. I washed my Eris on accident, and when I let it dry for a couple of days I started using it again for like another 6 months!!! I ended up selling it to a friend for 30 dollars and it is still running with no complaints for them!

scdown

Reaction score
No, people don't think to do that. They just want to bash the phone because the phone was made to rule all phones! Lol

I believe that to be an effective ruler of all machines, you sometimes need to delegate... say, perhaps, to an Incredible 2 or a Droid 3... Otherwise you don't really get to enjoy the perks of being a ruler. Step 1 here, obviously, is finding a henchman. Henchmen are pivotal in the quest for world domination.

scdown

Reaction score
OH yeah absolutely!!! I have had a better android experience with HTC phones. I liked the Eris a lot. It rooted very easily and I had custom software running it in no time! I think I will stick with HTC!!!

You know, I like what I see from HTC - I chose Moto because my OG Droid was limping so badly and I needed to replace it. I'm curious though, to know what other forum dwellers think about device brand loyalty - that is, given that you want to stay with Android, and you were happy with your original device, would you be inclined to stay with that brand, or not really care about the manufacturer?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
You really have to think of yourself as a beta tester when u buy a phone on release day there will always be some quorks in it and just need to stick eith it till there fixed. Most are software issues and some are hardware.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I played with the bionic and think it is a solid device. I must admit I prefer the thunderbolt but the bionic is still a good device. I think its a good upgrade for those coming from the droid x.

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

Spoken like somebody who knows what they are talking about , the Thunderbolt performance from a practical use standpoint is unmatched.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

OP
X

xero925

Reaction score
You really have to think of yourself as a beta tester when u buy a phone on release day there will always be some quorks in it and just need to stick eith it till there fixed. Most are software issues and some are hardware.

Yeah. I cant argue with that idea!

OP
X

xero925

Reaction score
Spoken like somebody who knows what they are talking about , the Thunderbolt performance from a practical use standpoint is unmatched.

True that! The Bionic is suppose to have dual cores, but sometime mine feels like it doesn't. So I say sometimes that the T/B can compare with the Bionic!

scdown

Reaction score

I think that the Bolt, Charge, and Revolution will compare well with the Bionic, at least now, because I don't think much is optimized for dual-core processors. Yet.

I got the Bionic more for the fact that it should have better performance over its lifetime, as apps catch up to the hardware, than it beating the Bolt in benchmarks.