I hate my bionic!!!

tbone73

Reaction score
Rooting doesn't make the device any faster, removing the bloatware does - I don't put a lot into Quadrant and the other benchmark tests but I do have 500MB of free RAM after removing the bloat :)

WOW that's really good. Did you install a kernel?

michelle.ahern

Reaction score
Is it hard to root a phone? I have no idea how to but I want to get to rid of bloatware. I have the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Is it hard to root a phone? I have no idea how to but I want to get to rid of bloatware. I have the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Not too sure about the charge, but for the bionic it took about 5-10 mins w the one click root that was provided in the hacks section.

I had a rooted Droid and read which bloatware to freeze without impacting the phone.

Before you root, make a nandroid backup and read carefully how to root and what to freeze.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Rooting doesn't make the device any faster, removing the bloatware does - I don't put a lot into Quadrant and the other benchmark tests but I do have 500MB of free RAM after removing the bloat :)

It does get a bit more snappy! Not to mention the battery life goes thru the roof!

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Does anyone ever purchase a device that doesn't quite work the way it should, and think to themselves "Gee, maybe I got a faulty/defective device"? No, automatically they post a thread bashing the device and talking about how much they hate it.

If your Bionic feels slower than your D2; then it is broken, quite simple.

I agree with ya there... My bionic was randomly rebooting once or twice a day, but my apps never disappeared.... at least that I have not noticed. I went ahead and exchanged it, no more random reboots, but then I got a new problem, apps disappearing... I just went ahead and returned my Bionic altogether on the 10th day.

brandon9559

Reaction score
I knew I shoulda got a droid 2 instead....lmao

Azamat_Bagatov

Reaction score
Yeah I just went and returned the Bionic to Verizon and they charged me a 35 dollar restocking fee.. assholes. I hate Verizon. I went back to my Droid X which has 10000x better call quality and clarity. The volume on the Bionic and the clarity SUCKS!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I just went and returned the Bionic to Verizon and they charged me a 35 dollar restocking fee.. I hate Verizon. I went back to my Droid X which has 10000x better call quality and clarity. The volume on the Bionic and the clarity SUCKS!

Did you ever swap yours for another Bionic just in case you got a defective one??... I ask because my Bionic's clarity is superb, probably the best of any smartphone I've had.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just went and returned the Bionic to Verizon and they charged me a 35 dollar restocking fee.. assholes. I hate Verizon. I went back to my Droid X which has 10000x better call quality and clarity. The volume on the Bionic and the clarity SUCKS!

I had a dx... quality is the same.. the only difference is ppl on the other end hear me better when im in a loud place

As far as this d2 nonsense..... the d3 blows out the d2 not to mention the bionic is an upgrade of that

Oh the d2 is better in one category.... its a better paper weight

chowyenfats

Reaction score
I Just got this thing and I hate it! It is a rip off Motorola Droid 2 which I also have! I compared it to my D2G and it doesn't feels like its dual core and the D2G seems like its faster sometimes then the bionic!!! Its' going on ebay to the highest bidder!!! I knew I should have waited for the HTC Vigor....

We don't believe you, you gonna need more people.

korn5979

Reaction score
Lol its Motorola blur that is obviously slowing it down. Just root and install a custom rom. Makes it a whole lot faster and smoother. And yes let me tell you it is an exact replica of the D2g. With its slide out keyboard and 3.7 inch screen.