Lost my resolve.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can name one thing that is used more than the screen on your phone, I'll agree with you.

Markster1

Reaction score
I wouldn't compare phone shopping to TV shopping, though. When looking for a TV, picture quality is probably the most important deciding factor because it is solely a viewing device. There are so many more deciding factors when shopping for a cell phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Since the iphone came out I think the game HAS changed for phones. I look for a good screen now that we have netflix and movies and great games for our phones.

I look back at my previous phones and see that the screens were crap compared to smartphones but that was just what they were, a phone. Our smartphones are so much more now and I won't accept the likes of moto's pentile screen anymore.

So it gets better battery life and it's a brighter screen, that doesn't overcome what I see wrong with it. My eyes do not deceive me.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab

COSam

Reaction score
If you can name one thing that is used more than the screen on your phone, I'll agree with you.

I actually talk on the phone more than I use the screen. So call quality, reception and speaker quality are all important to me. Besides, a screen is only as good as the hardware and software that run it. It also doesn't matter how sharp your screen is if your battery is dead and can't turn it on! I think screen quality is important, but it is not THE deciding factor in a phone like it could be in a TV.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lost my resolve once...carpets were dirty for a long time after that..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

If the average consumer didn't care about screen quality, then stores wouldn't crank up saturation/brightness settings on flat screens to grab their attention. The screen is the window into what a device can do.

As long as they keep the consumer ignorant, the greater chance they'll be unhappy with their device and I think that's a moral failure.

Just because it's a practice embraced by a company, doesn't mean it's right.

They don't turn up the brightness because we care so much about the screen. They turn it up to grab our attention. The average customer isn't worried about the screen quality as long as they can see everything and it works. Morals? When did this come to play? Companies are in this to make money, not because of morals.