Loose headphone jack?

Reaction score
ive had this problem with both of my Droid's T.T but i have found that if you use a splitter or something with a bigger jack then the sound doesn't cut out, other than that the music app is okay but i never loaded my album artwork so i got a third party music app called rock on which does it for you in like a minute and takes all of the bands in your library and tells you when and where the next concerts are for them depending on an adjustable "km" meter, its pretty solid and if its still on the market i would recommend it to anyone.

KaptinkrunK

Reaction score
i have the same problem with my A855 i bought about a year after there release and its gotta be hardware on the phone, ive tried several diff earbuds, the aux for my truck and everything i stick in the hole comes out too easy, is there an easy GETTO fix? i cracked the dig. screen on mine so after i get the replacement ill try to fix the jack

im using the Bugless Beastie and loving it just waiting for the rom man to put the 1.1 update into the manager

plop4130

Reaction score
So, sorry to bring up an old and seemingly unresolved issue, but I just got a hand-me-down droid since my girlfriend upgraded to a droid 2. So I plugged in a set of headphones and off for a ride I go. Within seconds of my first pedal an ear splitting crackle and hiss is all I can hear, look down at the phone and pandora is opening and closing. "Off to the internet!" Found a lot of posts from people who return multiple droids only to have the same problem over and over again. Forget that noise... I'm pretty good with tools, let's open it up, waranty can't be any good at this point. Anyway, I'm rambling, the point is, what is causing the problem is the only thing holding the jack asembly to the phone is a piece of tape. So I popped the jack out removed the tape and just put a drop of epoxy in its place. And just for good measure I opened the 5 prongs on the side of the asembly a bit so they would press on the board a bit firmer. (Why they decided not to hardwire it to the board is beyond my understanding but whatever it is what it is)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dell500

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the epoxy diy fix as well. I'm just waiting for my warranty to be completely over. I've already gotten 4 replacements since the first droid came out. Which was in Nov. 2009. Pretty lame. But all free replacements, which is good.

dell dancedroid