Loose charge port housing?

zingxao

Reaction score
Hello. I'm from the UK with an HTC Incredible S, which is exactly the same as the Droid Incredible 2 only with a different name, right?

Anyway if this is the case, I have a question regarding the charge port. On my phone, which I only bought yesterday, the black housing surrounding the micro USB port is kind of loose. I can move it around a little, and if my finger knocks is whilst I'm using it, there is a slight rattle. I've looked at other forums and many people have said that theirs does the same, whilst others have said that it shouldn't and they've sent it back to their carrier and received a replacement.

So, I'm wondering whether this loose housing problem is common to HTC Incredible 2's/S's. If it is, I won't be too bothered, but if it's not meant to be like that and I've just spent a load of money for a SIM free phone with a defect, I won't be too impressed. Although there won't be much I can do about it because I doubt I'd be able to get a replacement phone for such a minor 'problem.

What's the situation then with the loose housing?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kimo91

Reaction score
My wife's DINC2 charging port went from loose one day after only owning it for 5 months brand new to not charging anymore. Verizon replaced it no questions asked and even though she's on her second one, the charging port again is loose. She's debating on either calling to get another one or getting a charging mat for her phone. I just may do both and only use the charging port when we're serving or don't data transfers on the computer

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
Mines been loose since I got it back in november. But since it still charges, I haven't gone to Verizon to see about a replacement. I think its a common problem with the inc2/s.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

obscenic

Reaction score
Same problem...

My wife's DINC2 charging port went from loose one day after only owning it for 5 months brand new to not charging anymore. Verizon replaced it no questions asked and even though she's on her second one, the charging port again is loose. She's debating on either calling to get another one or getting a charging mat for her phone. I just may do both and only use the charging port when we're serving or don't data transfers on the computer

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

Exact same thing happened to me, mere months after purchasing the phone new. It just stopped charging. I had to take the battery out every night and put it in a cell battery charger. I sent it in for warranty, and they replaced the mainboard which did fix the problem. However, just yesterday the exact same thing happened again! I can no longer charge the phone. I've tried multiple cables, wall adapters, and usb ports on multiple computers. Seems to be a recurring problem with the phone. Other than that, it's a dream phone!

whitecollar

Reaction score
I had that same problem with my last phone (Samsung Captivate) and so with my Droid 4 I got a wireless charging pad and the battery cover to go with it just it case.