Loose charging jack

Xerozix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is just a thread concerning the loose charging jack.

On both of my phones, I've had a loose charging jack. I'm not sure if it's my cable, but I can't be sure. I'm going to be taking a pin and making the usb port smaller to see if it helps.

Is anyone else having this problem?

T0M5

Reaction score
I would take it to a store as soon as possible, especially if you have insurance. I had that problem with my old phone(not a droid), and eventually the jack came out all together, luckily it came with a base so I could still charge it. If you don't have insurance and they try to charge you too much, I believe there is an accessory that charges the battery directly, but you probably want/need to be able to connect to your pc, laptop, mac, etc.

pushdrops

Reaction score
i fear that the jack will become loose - as i use the Droid alot while charging - and with the placement of the ac jack on the SIDE of the Droid - it pulls on the cable when using the Droid in the car (charger)

i really do not like the charger being on the bottom - but i guess with the keyboard and landscape mode, it had to be that way - very annoying when using in the car and the charger cable is coming from the RIGHT of the vehicle's dash - and the Droid's plug is on the far left - when you use it upright - portrait mode , the cable pulls from the right - anyone else aggravated by this?

wish the charging cable outlet was on the bottom like other phones - but with h/w key guess it had to be this way...

Cameron040699

Reaction score
Mine Is Loose on my Incredible 2 HTC Android and did the same to my NV Touch and I Need My Phone To Wake Me Up In The Morning :mad: