Can contents of SD card be copied/backed up?

foggyriver

Reaction score
My HTC Incredible2 is having charging issues. The battery port seems loose, takes forever to charge, loses power quicker than normal and most of the information I've found suggests to do a "factory reset" which will erase all data on the SD card. I don't want to start over from scratch! I've had this phone since July 2011 so have some music & photos i don't want to lose!

The SD & phone storage shows:
SD Card
Total space-15GB
Available space-12GB
Internal storage
318MB

Is there a way to backup? copy to computer to restore? Should i try to delete some aps that may be causing the problem?

I'm lost, don't know what information is needed to address my problem. I can use my phone, but only the basics, so simple answers are better!

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!
Foggyriver

marleyinoc

Reaction score
You can and should back up everything to a pc but generally your external sd isn't wiped during a fdr. I don't think your internal storage is either, actually. I have messed with an original incredible and only issue with an fdr is when user returned it to stock and I had to reinstall cm to get to pictures that weren't accessable anymore. But if you're stock you should just lose apps and system data, not pictures, etc on either card.

Again, backing everything up is always a good idea.

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB