Looks like it'll be the Bionic for me after all...

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Apparently, the wireless gods have conspired to prevent any of the other kick-ass phones out there from making it to Verizon, and whats left of the rest just doesn't match up to the Bionic's specs... although the absence of iPhone5 specs is deafening...

But the real kicker is that my original Droid 1 finally died... it no longer even boots up. It almost made it to the (still rumored?) Sept. 8th release date of the Bionic... but these last two weeks or so is gonna SUCK without a phone... I know I could probably get something and then return it when the Droid comes out, but I just don't want to pay ANY more than I have to... as it is, I'm having some sticker shock... $300 for a phone?? I know some of y'all are so impressed with hardware technology, that you'll gladly fork over $300 as long as it sounds cool... But for someone that works in the embedded electronics industry... I'm pretty sure I understand how big of a markup is still making these phones highly profitable despite the contract renewal discount you get...

So, I'm having to bite the bullet... go cold turkey without a phone for 2 weeks only to pry $300 out of my wallet to buy the Bionic... it better wow the helloutta me. :)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I feel largely the same, and the shocking lack of the GSII on Verizon was a heart breaker for sure. :(

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel largely the same, and the shocking lack of the GSII on Verizon was a heart breaker for sure. :(

You could always wait for the Vigor or supposed Nexus Prime. No one's forcing you to go Bionic though I do think the Bionic will be a great phone. I'm certainly not waiting any longer for a phone.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Yea I'm done waiting too, the Verizon device market is bored and so am I...and the D1 is hanging by a thread right now, poor thing. I gotta get the Bionic or i'll be just like the OP. :icon_eek:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. A slight disappointment, but going to grab the Bionic as well. Have a second upgrade in case the Prime ever comes to Verizon. Since I'm coming from an OG, the Bionic is going to blow my mind anyway in terms of performance and screen size.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You don't have an old Blackberry or Android, or a friend with one, that you could use for the next two weeks or so? I mean to go without a phone for two weeks!

Ehhh, nevermind, it will probably be the best two weeks of your life.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My touchscreen died last Thursday. It boots up fine, just can't do anything with it once it does. So I'm in phone limbo until the bionic comes out.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
My d1 touchscreen died too I got a dx for 140 and it was practically new

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
You could always wait for the Vigor or supposed Nexus Prime. No one's forcing you to go Bionic though I do think the Bionic will be a great phone. I'm certainly not waiting any longer for a phone.

When I had a working phone, waiting and watching didn't seem like a bad idea... my situation has changed somewhat now that I have NO phone. :)

Has anyone really used the "buy a lesser phone and return it in 14 days" strategy? Or is it just a popular myth here?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Buy something cheap on ebay u NEED a phone nowadays.

And then get the vigor

robtrink

Reaction score
How do people have "multiple" upgrades available? How can you upgrade now then upgrade in a few months if the prime or HD comes out