lookout app actually needed?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I don't think these phones really need an antivirus, but thats my opinion. Also, I know everyone hates norton, but I have never had a problem with Norton on my PC's and it has stopped several intrusion attacks from email crap that gets sent to me and such, and it doesn't slow my computer down... maybe I am just a lucky one? I have used it for years and bought new laptops and desktops, and after running the software that came with the computer, I always go back to the norton and never notice a performance issue. personal preference I guess... I have had more problems with Vista without and with norton than I have with norton itself on any of the computers I have used it on, but THAT is a whole nother issue not for this forum... lol dancedroid

darthrogue

Reaction score
I have yet to have lookout tell me one of the apps i've downloaded was poisoned... then again, i do a lot of web surfing and I have yet to get a virus alert xD... Although, i'm a careful web surfer. If the address on a google search link doesn't look legit, I don't click. Most of the time my friends don't get to touch my computer either

Back to lookout, the only reason I have it is to find my missing phone that may be set to silent...

As an added bonus, I have a lookout story for you... At school (i'm going into 10th grade) someone wanted to use my phone to look up a picture to show someone on facebook (which is blocked on the school computers). After about 5 minutes, I said that I wanted my phone back, and I also said "last warning"... next thing I did was login to Lookout, and set it to scream. You can imagine what two teenage girls did when the phone they were using started to sound like the cops were closing in... dancedroid