antiVirus App (Please Help)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Am I the only one who experienced problems using the LookOut app? After a while, my Droid started slowing down dramatically (mainly in response time, but generally, all functions were slower). I just removed LookOut and am back to factory speeds. Debating on not reinstalling this app, anyone out there not running A/V app and has had issues w security?

Many people have reported slowdowns when installing anti-virus apps. Another reason not to use them (aside from the fact that there are no known android viruses for it to search for).

brandontownsend

Reaction score
thanks...

thanks for the tip, gonna leave it off for now. But will definitely post if I come across any issues.

brandontownsend

Reaction score
so i've been running without any antivirus software since the last post. haven't had any problems with viruses, however, the phone seems to have slowed to the original speeds before the uninstall of 'lookout' app. not horribly slow, but considering reinstalling just to be safe and continue to deal with the speed issues.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i've been running without any antivirus software since the last post. haven't had any problems with viruses, however, the phone seems to have slowed to the original speeds before the uninstall of 'lookout' app. not horribly slow, but considering reinstalling just to be safe and continue to deal with the speed issues.

So the antivirus software was making your phone run faster? That's a first.

Don't use it.

THERE ARE NO VIRUSES TO SCAN FOR!

J

Johnly

Is it a good idea to download an antiVirus app?
lmfao..who said you need AV? It is dummy dust bud! Let those that have no trust in Linux, be the idiots! ,for the rest of us! Get real!!!!!!