Do I need a security app like lookout???

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a noob to a DX and I haven't rooted or downloaded many third party apps our anything like that, but I see so many ads and people saying lookout is great, so do I need a phone security or antivirus app??? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jellybean420

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a noob to a DX and I haven't rooted or downloaded many third party apps our anything like that, but I see so many ads and people saying lookout is great, so do I need a phone security or antivirus app??? Thanks.

I personally don't think antivirus is needed. Hower lookout, even the free version is a must have. You can make your phone make a loud noise to find it when its on silent. Or even locate it if you lose it, you don't even need to enable gps it does it automatically. And of course backup your pictures. Those features along are worth the free download.

Also if your rooted just use adfree from the market to stop most ads.

Heres why i use lookout

1. You can find your lost phone down to a few feet. Lookout even enables gps automatically if you forget to turn it on.
2. "Scream" feature. Emits a loud noise and flashes leds when its on silent so you can locate it (like in your couch)
3. Automatic backup of pictures.

Those three features alone makes it worth the free download.

Last edited:

chained22

Reaction score
I have had the D1 since it came out, rooted it 8 moths after and never had a problem, but have had others have used lookout and love it; it is one of the best. Its really up to u and how much info ur storing on ur phone and it will cut down on ads.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

VZ4G3NT

Reaction score
Stick with four and five star apps and no pr0n sites. Lookout will draw extra battery but not a lot. Scream is nice. Recently in my city a family had a house fire and got robbed afterwards one of the items was an android phone (two days before Xmas) and the thief was caught because it had a lookout type app on it.