Looking for some advice Eris vs Android

Murph

Reaction score
I bought my Android a week ago and I absolutely love it....But the phone in my opinion is heavy and I never use the physical keyboard for texting etc., So my question is, what if I decided to take it back and get the Eris, would that be a mistake?

Looking for pros and cons.

jasonb

Reaction score
the droid is a better phone, but if you think you might prefer the eris, then that may be the phone for you.

loop4zil

Reaction score
Eris cons: back level Android...and lesser hardware than droid
Eris pros: SenseUI is kinda cool...thinner? Lighter?

I never use the physical keyboard either. I modded my droid...and it really cooks. Not sure what the Eris can do there.

I really think that the Droid is the better phone hardware wise...

just my 2 cents

shademar

Reaction score
Both are 'android' phones in that hey're running the same OS, although the motorola droid has a newer version while the htc droid eris has the Sense UI overlay.

If you can get to a store, I recommend playing with them both. The moto droid is always going to be faster, have a bigger and higher resolution screen, but depending on how you use the phone, these may not be the factors that matter to you.

good luck!

OP
M

Murph

Reaction score
Just wondering, am I the only person that never uses the keyboard? It would be nice if they offered the Andriod with or without the keyboard. Suppose that will never happen though.

shademar

Reaction score
Nexus one is supposed to be coming to verizon in the spring, Murph. It has the form factor of a larger eris, no keyboard, a very nice screen, good hardware, and no sense UI. I have no idea what the price/subsidy situation will be, but if you don't mind waiting, it may be a great solution for you.

Last edited:

bigthinker

Reaction score
You have the Eris, Right? You may want to do like I did and go get a Droid with a whole new cell number. Use both phones side by side for a week. When you don't like the Droid or Eris....Return it within 30 days for full refund....This is what I did and I was coming from a BB Tour.....Although I really liked the Eris, It just wasn't enough of a phone for me.....I hope you make your decision without too much pain!:motdroidvert:

Jeremy556

Reaction score
My wife has the Eris. You will be sorely disappointed with the Eris, coming from a Droid. Keep the Droid to near your 30 day return window, then get an N1. The N1 has the very nice, sleek, slim, sexy form factor of the Eris, but even better screen, faster processor, and more memory than the Droid.