Looking for large font outdoor temp widget

recDNA

Reaction score
I'm looking for an outdoor temperature widget with a very large font that only takes up a 1x1 space on the screen. All I need is outdoor temp - don't need pretty pics or forecasts. I have one in the notifier bar but I can't read small font. I want one big enough to see the numbers easily yet I only have a 1x1 space available on screen. I have memory problems so I can't use an app to increase number of screens but I want this on the home screen anyway for quick access.

It is of absolutely no use to me if font isn't big big BIG. Ideally, the entire widget would just say the outdoor temp in numbers big enough to fill the 1x1 space. 1 little box of the 16 spaces on the screen.

Of course free is best but id pay for exactly what I want.

Help! I've been searching for hours with no luck.

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
I found one that works but it needs its own background color to stand out more so add that to my needs. Maybe blwck numbers on an opaque white screen so homescreen stuff doesn't kind of merge with numbers making them harder to read.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Minimalistic Text app, as suggested above, allows you to change colors, fonts, font size, background transparency, background color, text color, number color, blur, radius, etc.

I would go with Minimalistic Text for your needs. It has everything you're asking for and much more if you wish to add to it.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Minimalistic text is completely customizable. Font size, color. A background, it's color, or no background. Blur, blur type/radius. Etc, etc..... You should try it. It has so many options you may be a bit overwhelmed at first.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Minimalistic Text app, as suggested above, allows you to change colors, fonts, font size, background transparency, background color, text color, number color, blur, radius, etc.

I would go with Minimalistic Text for your needs. It has everything you're asking for and much more if you wish to add to it.

Haha, I replied too late... didn't even see yours. Great minds think alike ;-D

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
I cqnt get it to show temp. Too complicqted. I get half way there then I can't get back. Not user friendly. Hate it

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
Can u just tell me how to get temperature on it in big text fewest steps?

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Once you've chosen the 1x1 widget by longpressing the home screen, the widget options will pop up.

Scroll down to layout.
Choose predefined, from those scroll down and choose custom.
Now custom is no longer grayed out, choose custom.

There will be 3 small gray boxes showing. One at a time, longpress those until the trash icon shows up. Drag and drop them all there.

Now touch the + sign to the right.
Of the choices that show below, choose weather.
Now scroll to thr right until you see temp F.
Longpress that, and drag and drop it to where you took the first 3 you deleted from.

Hit back. Now define your font size, colors, etc. As you would have done for a predetermined layout.

Preview it to be sure it's what you want, then just hit OK.

Done.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score

Haha, I replied too late... didn't even see yours. Great minds think alike ;-D

I know right! Lol.

Also, to OP, when you have finished predefining the layout and hit ok when finished, you will then see it on your screen. If you are not satisfied with the look of it, just touch the widget one time and the custom options will pop back up again so you can make further changes to the look or add more. Repeat till satisfied.

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
That's what I did but no luck. Got the background but no temp in it. Chos font size 150 whatever that is. Should be an option for largest font that fits in background....also the background is translucent and no option to make it opaque. Maybe the app can't find a temp in my area under google temp.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
That's what I did but no luck. Got the background but no temp in it. Chos font size 150 whatever that is. Should be an option for largest font that fits in background....also the background is translucent and no option to make it opaque. Maybe the app can't find a temp in my area under google temp.

Try the other weather setting besides Google. You will also see settings in the Global settings too. You can change the transparency setting through the background color options. Take your time exploring the options in MT.

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I got it working perfectly but remember the memory problems I mentioned? It uses too much memory (around 12 megs). I had to delete it.

Thermometer widget (name of another app) seemed ok but it never updates so I'm still looking. :-(