How many people only use one screen?

M

Matth3w

I only use the home screen. I have Pure Calendar widget on a second screen if I am too lazy to go to the calendar, but really I would say I only use the main screen.

I have the 2.1 News/Weather widget (wish I could choose who I want the news stories to come from though :( ), the default power strip widget (I think it goes nice with the smoked glass and the default rocky looking gray background), four App Organizer "folders", the phone icon, and one 1x1 More Icon widget. And I still have an empty space.

Are those of you using 4-5 screens just not using app organizer/more icons, or should I be using more "cool" widgets that I don't know about?

Last edited by a moderator:

ss13

Reaction score
I pretty much use 2 screens. Main with App Organizer, and screen 1 ( to the left ) just has the Power widget and Weather bug...and I could get those on the main screen but I have Mototorch and Flashlight there for quick access.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'm on 2.01 ad I use all 3.

I have BW on the main page along with all the regular phone stuff, contacts, browser, texting, phone icon.

Then the left side is power mamnagement, wifi, and my 2 email icons

Then the right side is all music, pandora, slacker, imusic, iheart.

I'm looking forward to 5 screens just so I don't have to start using folders.

spillner

Reaction score
I use 5 screens. Each screen is an organizer in itself. My first screen is filled with all the apps I use the most, 2nd is games, 3rd is tools, 4th widgets, 5th is people I call the most.

OP
M

Matth3w

I use 5 screens. Each screen is an organizer in itself. My first screen is filled with all the apps I use the most, 2nd is games, 3rd is tools, 4th widgets, 5th is people I call the most.
Obviously it's your choice, but wouldn't it be quicker/easier to click the phone then favorites than it would be to swipe a screen a few times? Just curious as to your take on that...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have 14 screens on my home screen lol

home
fav contacts/call log
email, sms, gtalk..etc..
music
games
fun (fml and funnyjokes apps)
calender
tools
lists
food (barcode scanner and groceryking..etc)
social (facebook, twitter, myspace..etc)
news (google news, eonline, foxnews...etc)
radio (droid live, cherryR, pandara, talk radio..etc)
office (who wants to even talk about that crap lol...etc)
and my homemade cardock screen. :D

course you need sweeterhome preview 2 for all tha on one page :D pm me if yur inta that

OP
M

Matth3w

Personally I like Home++ default but not until they make an SMS and GMail icon instead of a bunch of crappy ones like voice that I don't use/need.

spillner

Reaction score
Obviously it's your choice, but wouldn't it be quicker/easier to click the phone then favorites than it would be to swipe a screen a few times? Just curious as to your take on that...

The 5th screen is only one swipe to the left for me. I could use the favorites, just like flipping to a screen I guess.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
I'm on 2.01 ad I use all 3.

I have BW on the main page along with all the regular phone stuff, contacts, browser, texting, phone icon.

Then the left side is power mamnagement, wifi, and my 2 email icons

Then the right side is all music, pandora, slacker, imusic, iheart.

I'm looking forward to 5 screens just so I don't have to start using folders.

I second this! You almost have yours setup like mine, except all my multimedia shortcuts are on the leftmost screen. Having 5 will be great because as of right now, I don't have any more room for widgets. I have Youtube widget on my media screen, google search on main, then weather and power management on the 3rd.

CDB

Reaction score
To a degree, I know what you mean but it's also about an individuals use of the phone. For instance, when I look at your home screen, I don't see a music player widget or even just the app itself. You may have it in your "Entertainment" folder but for me, because of how often I use it, adding an extra screen press to something that only took one (on my home screen) press to open, would now take twice as long being in a folder using your method. Some people also want to know the weather forecast 'at a glance'. With your setup, todays is shown with the forecast one click away...which might just be one click too many for some.

So it's not about what cool widgets you're missing out on, it's just about how you decide to effectively organize your phone and what makes sense to you and your needs.

I'm a 3-screen user - Car, Home, Work sort of thing.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for the most part (i change stuff around a LOT) i only end up using two screens..
1 has schedule, DF bookmark, handcent, gtalk, droid light, gmail, beautiful home, beautiful wifi, and a brightness widget.
2 has other tools i use a bunch (but not so much) like tunewiki, pandora, lightsaber app (shut up), pdanet, etc..

OP
M

Matth3w

To a degree, I know what you mean but it's also about an individuals use of the phone. For instance, when I look at your home screen, I don't see a music player widget or even just the app itself. You may have it in your "Entertainment" folder but for me, because of how often I use it, adding an extra screen press to something that only took one (on my home screen) press to open, would now take twice as long being in a folder using your method. Some people also want to know the weather forecast 'at a glance'. With your setup, todays is shown with the forecast one click away...which might just be one click too many for some.

So it's not about what cool widgets you're missing out on, it's just about how you decide to effectively organize your phone and what makes sense to you and your needs.

I'm a 3-screen user - Car, Home, Work sort of thing.
I don't use my phone for watching movies (I have a 250GB Archos5 portable video player for that) or listening to music, so that could be a difference...

spillner

Reaction score
I only use the home screen. I have Pure Calendar widget on a second screen if I am too lazy to go to the calendar, but really I would say I only use the main screen.

I have the 2.1 News/Weather widget (wish I could choose who I want the news stories to come from though :( ), the default power strip widget (I think it goes nice with the smoked glass and the default rocky looking gray background), four App Organizer "folders", the phone icon, and one 1x1 More Icon widget. And I still have an empty space.

Are those of you using 4-5 screens just not using app organizer/more icons, or should I be using more "cool" widgets that I don't know about?

Hoiw do you change the way the power strip looks. I'd like it to be more transparent.

Last edited: