Looking for input on Page Plus...

boosted_yeti

Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have a droid 2 and have had coverage from Verizon for nearly a decade now. But my father intends to cancel his/our family plan and the cost of a individual plan has gone up so much since I last had one I can not afford a plan that covers me and everything I need/want. Also looking into other companies and plans is pretty much pointless for me because I love my droid. I don't wish to give up my full keyboard and other then the droid 2 the only phone I really want is the droid 4. So I came across Page Plus because I believe it allows me to use either on the network and there plans seem to be the best bang for the buck out there and lastly seems to use the same prepaid Verizon network. What I'm looking for is if anyone has more insight or experience with the company, either first or second hand. It just all seems to good to be true, or am I miss understanding the information. And for anyone who is in the dark here is a link to there website Prepaid Cell Phone Cards | Prepaid National Cell Phones . Thanks ahead for the input.

Reaction score
I have no experience by after a little research it does seem like a good deal. The only confusion I have is what network they use. Their official website just says they use one if the largest networks and when you look at the coverage map it talks about evdo.

But according to other sites, they say that page plus does use Verizon and you can easily use any Verizon wireless phone on their plan as long add it was not a VZW prepaid phone so the Droid 4 should work based on that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
They do use Verizon, but the "4G phones don't usually program properly and so won't work on our system". Their "55" plan provides 2GB of data for $55/month, but overages are at .10 per MB, so at 1000 MB per GB, you're looking at $100 for each additional GB per month.

The 55

The 55
Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text/Picture* Messages, 2 GB of Data
The 55 plan is the total package of talk, text and data. Talk and text all you want with no surprise bill at the end of the month. Plus, this plan provides 2 gigabytes (GB) of data usage - more than any other Page Plus plan provides. You can surf the web, check email and update your social status right from your phone. This plan is perfect for anyone who needs an unlimited plan with more data.
If you use services beyond the voice minutes, text/MMS* messages and data included in this plan (e.g., 411 calls, roaming, international voice, international text, premium SMS, excess data), you will incur additional charges that will reduce your account balance. Therefore, it is important to have a sufficient balance on your renewal date (at least $55) in order to renew your 55 plan.

Should your balance be less than $55 on your renewal date, your account will be subject to per-usage rates of $.12 per voice minute, $.15 per text message and $.10 per MB of data transfer until your plan can be renewed or your prepaid funds are depleted.

This plan is subject to Page Plus Terms and Conditions regarding unreasonable use or abuse. Please click here for a complete description of this plan.

OP
boosted_yeti

boosted_yeti

Reaction score
I rarely use 2gigs and i rarely use wifi. If I use wifi when I can I think it will be fine. I just wish I could hear from someone with some kind of experience with them. If not i will be sure to let you guys know what I think in a few months. Because it looks like my best bet if it is what they say it is.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Over the past few years I've heard great things about Page Plus from HoFo members who switched over from verizon. As fox said they use Verizons network, so if you get good verizon service then you'll be good to go.