Looking for Contact Info for Motorola Mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

iccab

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T SUGGEST THE NORMAL MOTOROLA CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPTIONS – I'M LOOKING TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THOSE CHANNELS, AS THEY'VE CAUSED ME NOTHING BUT HEADACHES. THANKS.

My Razr Maxx screen is cracked. The warranty won't hold, so I was preparing to send my phone in to Motorola to have them repair; they put a hold on my credit card for $174.90. When I switched activation back to my old Droid X, I remembered that the home button didn't work.

That made me remember how frustrating using that thing was. Then I got pissed.

This is the second Motorola phone I've had that crapped out in some way. So then I thought to myself "why would I pay these guys another $174.90 to fix a phone I already paid for?" I think this kind of customer disrespect only really happens in the telecom industry. Why should we have to put up with this crap???

Long story short, does anyone have any Motorola Mobility customer support contact information whereby I can speak to someone in the United States and NOT the Philippines? I'm trying to ream some folks out and force them to do the right thing. Not trying to scam or get free stuff here, just want a product that works relative to what I paid for.

I found some employees of the company on LinkedIn and sent emails to FirstInitialFirstName/[email protected] as well as @google.com (since they got bought out), but they all got kicked back.

Would anyone know the right domain name where I can send emails?

Any other suggestions would be useful too.

I'm trying to stand up and fight for my money here!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No disrespect intended here, but how did the screen get cracked? If this was a manufacturer's defect and it happened while the phone was under warranty, it would be covered. However if this was not a defect, or if the damage was the result of an accident, or it happened out of warranty, I don't see where pressing the issue with Motorola to "fix a phone I already paid for" makes any sense. I don't see this as customer disrespect as you suggest, but simply the way things are with products and services you purchase or subscribe to.

To have done what you are implying - for Motorola to "
fix a phone I already paid for" and do it at no additional cost to you, simply pushes the cost for these devices up for everyone else, and believe it or not, even for you with your next phone purchase. That's what insurance is for...to spread the risk among many so any one doesn't suffer catastrophic loss at a time when they cannot afford it. Warranties are a form of insurance, and it's a part of the initial cost - amortized in actuarially to the retail price.

When the warranty expires, or when damage occurs that is not covered under the warranty, there are two options...purchase damage insurance to extend and enhance the coverage (such as screen insurance), before the damage occurs or suffer the costs at the moment the damage occurs. You have Auto Insurance, I assume, so to have an accident with your car - you're covered for the greatest portion of the costs, and although you might have a deductible, you are essentially protected from catastrophic loss. By contrast, if you had an accident with your car and weren't carrying insurance, you certainly have no claim with the car manufacturer to do the repairs simply because "
I already paid for" the car.

Furthermore, what's the reason they should do this for you and not also do it for every other person whose phone screen cracks or whose power button stops working after the warranty period is up? To do it for you alone is to provide you favoritism or to discriminate against me. I, for one would take offense to a company that used the price I paid for my phone to perform repairs on other persons' phones out of warranty simply because they put up a stink. That's not good business and as much as I hate to say it, but it can be interpreted from your post that you are trying to get free stuff here.

There are OTHER options to get that phone repaired that won't cost nearly the amount Motorola is charging. Perhaps your best option is to look at third-party repair facilities, or even take the extreme measure of ordering a replacement digitizer or display online and replacing it yourself. These parts dealers almost always bundle the part with the tools necessary to disassemble, and there are plenty of daring people who have forged the path and video'ed it for posting on Youtube, to make your task easier.

Good luck!
:biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
I

iccab

Reaction score
All of what you say is true, no contest. However it wasn't at all what I was looking for. I would like to correspond, either by phone or email, with a person in the United States that works for this company. This is surely a reasonable request for a company of this size. Notwithstanding the fact that I woke up one morning to a broken screen, it is not out of the ordinary for companies to make amends to customers who make a fuss. It's the right way to do business. I can tell you right now, in all honesty, this will be my last Motorola device. This goes beyond the simple fact of the phone breaking, but also involves the colossal horse manure I've had to wade through to even speak to someone to address my concerns (for which I'm still seeking).

In any case, I appreciate the time you took to respond – it was quite the lecture – and hopefully somebody out there can provide some contact info for me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
May I suggest your best action may be to visit a Verizon Phone Center Store (not a privately owned "Authorized Retail Store"), and enter your plea there. If the phone is under warranty, and if it suffered spontaneous failure with no user intervention, they will be able to tell and will begin the process to make reparations under warranty.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Op here is the contact info

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/home/

This is all the info that can be found so hopefully they or your carrier can handle you issue. I will be closing this topic if you have any other questions or concerns please contact a mod.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.