Motorola Mobility Helps Business Owners Switch to Android with New Trade-in Program

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-tradein-program.png

Motorola is trying to focus its attention more and more on garnering more clientele from the business sector. They are kicking off a new trade-in program as an enticement to help business owners switch to Android. This new program will start on February 28th. Here is a quote from their press release with some details,

Starting tomorrow, the company will be offering up to $200 cash back for a consumer’s old device when a Motorola Business Ready smartphone is purchased, providing an instant online quote, pre-paid shipping label, and payment within four to six weeks of receipt. In addition, Motorola Mobility will be offering the MotoAssist™ IT service to give business users access to IT professionals who can help set up accounts, transfer contacts seamlessly, and even work directly with corporate IT departments.

Perhaps with Sanjay Jha getting the boot after Google takes over, more programs like these can revitalize Motorola's marketshare and fanbase. Here's the full press release below:

Motorola Mobility Now Making it Easier than Ever for Business Users to Switch to Android

Company launching new trade-in program and offering dedicated MotoAssist IT service with new Business Ready smartphone purchases

Feb. 27, 2012

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Feb. 27, 2012 – Business users who are looking to trade in their old smartphone and bring an Android-based device to work now have a more compelling reason than ever to make the leap, with Motorola Mobility’s new program designed to help professional consumers – or “prosumers” -- make the switch. Starting tomorrow, the company will be offering up to $200 cash back for a consumer’s old device when a Motorola Business Ready smartphone is purchased, providing an instant online quote, pre-paid shipping label, and payment within four to six weeks of receipt. In addition, Motorola Mobility will be offering the MotoAssist™ IT service to give business users access to IT professionals who can help set up accounts, transfer contacts seamlessly, and even work directly with corporate IT departments.

The new program will go live on Tuesday, Feb. 28th at Motorola Business Ready - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA.

About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE:MMI) fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.

Source: Motorola

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I've noticed a lot more businesses have been ditching BB in favor of Android over the past year.

nikecar

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot more businesses have been ditching BB in favor of Android over the past year.

I have a coworker with one and she itching to drop it in June.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

tedankel

Reaction score
Now too bad this wasn't rolling when I went from BB Storm to Bionic...oh yeah, little deal about other phone only being a few months old...not two years :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums