motorola contacts widget?

born2golf

Reaction score
Hi All, I have been using the stock Motorola contacts widget since I got the phone a month ago. The contacts were configured first then I rooted the phone. I have been trying to customize the layout and am having all sorts of issues. Such as, when I try to make the widget bigger to add more actions, it just gets bigger and doesn't provide any more spaces for actions. Then If I put the phone down for a a few minutes, it will resolve itself. Also when I try to add a new contact quick task, it allows me to select my contact, and finish the add, but the new user doesn't show up on the home screen widget for a few minutes.

Is this normal behavior? I don't remember this being problematic before I rooted.

Lastly is there some other suggested widget rather than the motorola "contact quick tasks"

Thanks in advance!

SPerry

Reaction score
I had similar probs with it, just kept tinkering with it until I finally got the sizes right. Then switched to Launcher Pro widget. Much easier to deal with.

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
Yes, tinkering is what it takes. I've been looking into Launcher Pro. Will I need to configure that from scratch or will it take my config from the stock launcher as a base?

Ghostwhite

Reaction score
I have been having more problems with the contacts widget with launcher pro than stock. Every time I reboot it messes up and I have to tinker with everything.

I can get screenshots if you need an example.

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
I have been having more problems with the contacts widget with launcher pro than stock. Every time I reboot it messes up and I have to tinker with everything.

I can get screenshots if you need an example.

Ghost, I know exactly what you are talking about. Every time when I have to reset my D2 the quick contact icons are big and I have resize them. It's annoying but I have become accustomed to it. I know it must be a conflict with launcherpro and blur.