Looking for a good car mount for my DX

triptens

Reaction score
There's about a trillion on ebay, does anybody have any experience with them? Links would be terrific to mounts people have used and liked.
Thanks in advance.

stealthman

Reaction score
The official Verizon/motorola car mount is awesome, it's one of the reasons I bought the X

czm2000

Reaction score
The official Verizon/motorola car mount is awesome, it's one of the reasons I bought the X

I second this.

I don't know why anyone would consider anything different. Unless of course you have your phone skinned. In that case it wouldn't fit in the dock.

Sent from my DROIDX

Akita

Reaction score

I second this.

I don't know why anyone would consider anything different. Unless of course you have your phone skinned. In that case it wouldn't fit in the dock.

Sent from my DROIDX
Price and fit would be reasons why others have chosen different mounts. Henceforth, why me and several have converted over to Arkon mounts.

Melinda1c

Reaction score
Sent from my DROIDX[/quote]
Price and fit would be reasons why others have chosen different mounts. Henceforth, why me and several have converted over to Arkon mounts.[/QUOTE]

How are the Arkon mounts. I ordered one and was curious.

Thanks

JerLon

Reaction score
I ordered an Arkon with a Gooseneck and the MegaGrip (or whatever it is called).

It works great, crazy sturdy (I mounted to the console... debated about screwing in but decided that I'll always need a mount...) and easy to use.

However, it does not have a ballmount as some people had stated and is difficult to get into a horizontal mode.

Melinda1c

Reaction score
I ordered an Arkon with a Gooseneck and the MegaGrip (or whatever it is called).

It works great, crazy sturdy (I mounted to the console... debated about screwing in but decided that I'll always need a mount...) and easy to use.

However, it does not have a ballmount as some people had stated and is difficult to get into a horizontal mode.
Thank you for the information.

Akita

Reaction score
Arkon mount is solid as mentioned. Regardless if whatever case you have, it fits in perfectly. Built well and cheaper than the ones that Verizon are selling. You can go on the android forums and see reviews that myself and twister have vouched for. You can also go on youtube and see a quick video of how it works. If you download any kind of dock app from the market, you can utilize the car dock functions. Im using Dock Simulator and it works like a charm. Or you could attach/glue a magnet to the cradle and that will trigger the dock setting. Good luck and enjoy

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

I second this.

Sent from my DROIDX
i agree. if your phone is naked there is no better car mount.

Akita

Reaction score
^^^Couldn't you just go to the app drawer and tap car dock?
Yup that too. I downloaded it for sake of convience as you can choose Car/Home/Undock in the same menu of Dock Simulator. I just found out that with 2.2, Dock Simulator doesn't work so I had to revert to using the car dock app specifically

Also forgot to give credit to Doyer as well as he helped verify the ball socket on the cradle for the Arkon mount