Motorola Car Mount vs Universal Mount

ga3808

Reaction score
Bought the universal mount and kickstand case when I purchased the dx, my thinking was I didnt want to do the switching back and forth removing the hard case every time I wanted to windshield mount. Ok, that was a disaster, less than a week I was ready to ditch the universal mount, hated it! Just receieved the Motorola car mount from Amazon, this in my opinion is the cat's meow!! Works great, looks good, doesn't vibrate, and the charger thing is icing on the cake. I don't care if I ever put the kickstand case back on.

st4r50

Reaction score
I did the same thing but now I'm searching for the perfect belt case.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pookibr

Reaction score
Is there a thin case out there that will allow the x to fit in the car mount and the stand charger?

OP
G

ga3808

Reaction score
I don't know of one at this time. The mounts are clove to a precise fit for the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

inheritthefire

Reaction score
The Motorola mount I have has an insert that you can remove to fit a Droid with a MOTOROLA case on it into.

At least that's what the salesperson at Verizon told me. I haven't personally tried it, yet.

OP
G

ga3808

Reaction score
can u post a pic of this mount with the removable insert. I'd be very interested in this.

inheritthefire

Reaction score
can u post a pic of this mount with the removable insert. I'd be very interested in this.

3.jpg

pookibr

Reaction score
I tried that but mine dont fit. Just a hair from fitting.

xCore

Reaction score
The Motorola mount I have has an insert that you can remove to fit a Droid with a MOTOROLA case on it into.

At least that's what the salesperson at Verizon told me. I haven't personally tried it, yet.

there is no "motorola" case and absolutely no case fits this dock correctly. if you do decide to "shave" it to fit be sure you get the proper alignment on the microuusb charger otherwise the drag and misalignment will cause premature wear on the port. OR.. take the dock apart and remove the usb plug and just use it as a holder for your phone in the car.