Car Mount for Drod X (w/Naztec cover)

skeetyborphus

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm slowly learning about the chaos that is, finding a car mount for your phone...

window mount? (obstructs view) Vent mount? (moves around a bit) dash mount? (with sticky stuff that will undoubtedly fail on the first hot day) Figured THAT out? okay..well, now you're screwed if you have any kind of case on the device...
some say universal fit, but review claim these ones don't hold very tightly after a few weeks...some of the forums are saying you need the dash mount from THIS product, and the bracket from THIS one..and if you have this car, you'll want this attachment from this guy over here...etc
It's enough to make me pull my hair out.

So anyways, I have a Droid X, with a Naztech Vertex case, seen here:

412BfILgLZL._SS400_.jpg

and I'm trying to find a good car mount. Looking around, I'm finding that the answer is...."answers may vary".

I don't care if it's a window mount, as long as it will hold with my case on. (don't want to take the case off every time I get in the car). But from what I'm hearing, the motorola Droid X mount won't allow for a case:

B0042I7AUE.01.PT01._SX407_SCLZZZZZZZ_V176509542_.jpg

So then I looked at the universal's...such as Arkon's:
B003XAF4YQ.01._SX474_SCLZZZZZZZ_V195483216_.jpg

but I've heard the vent mount moves around a lot..and the actual phone grip back starts to loose it's hold after a couple weeks of use.

So now I sit, ready to throw my hands up in the air...I can't figure out why this is so hard...

Any advice you guys could give, would be a big help.

Scott26

Reaction score
I have the Akon unit in my 95 corolla and it works well leaves me enough room to get to all my buttons and ports and is able to hold the phone steady in the holder. The vent mounts could be better I have had it pop out on me a few times which is kind of annoying so they have to be set up just right. I can't really swype on it either since the front of it is not actually mounted to anything but just resting on my dash making the holder move up and down. I hope this all makes sense to you. Overall it is a great holder and I would buy another one and best of all it fits aftermarket cases.

OP
S

skeetyborphus

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. How long have you had the Arkon?

Do you notice the grip lessening over time, at all??

Scott26

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. How long have you had the Arkon?

Do you notice the grip lessening over time, at all??

I have had it for about 5 months now. The grip on the phone is great no loosening if it does just clamp it a little tighter it has cushions to get a snug fit. The only thing is I wish it was fixed at another point besides the vent since that makes it able to move.