Looking For A Cheap Note 5 Alternative?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Xiaomi decided to release a device just before the Samsung Unpacked event. Many media outlets missed this as the focused on the much flashier Samsung event. They released a Note 5 phablet alternative. A few weeks back we reviewed the Redmi 2 here, and it has to be one of the best performing budget devices around. The Redmi Note 2 is a larger 5.5" screen device. It will have an octacore mediatek 64bit processor. The screen is 1080p, the battery is 3060mah, rear facing camera is 13mp and the rear facing camera is 5mp. The phone runs MIUI 7 right out of the box. It will only set you back about $125 and is unlocked and works with GSM carriers. It can't compete with the Note 5 when it comes to specs and performance, but for $125 it may be worth your consideration.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This is a nice phone for the Price. Other than the 1GB Ram Less, Lower Res Screen and No External Storage, This Device has the Same SoC as the Elephone Vowney I was looking at but more than half the price. Where can I get is the real question now?

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Man. Every time I see one of these devices on the cheap, I wish there was a GSM carrier with better coverage where I live. Of course, then I'd be buying things like this left and right and would have no more disposable income. So, maybe I don't wish...