Long loading times w/ Handcent

tu3218

Reaction score
Ever since the last update, on my droid handcent takes like 5 seconds to load as opposed to all other applications which usually load right away. I'm not sure if its the update or what but its very annoying. Usually what happens is I'll click it in my dock in launcher pro then a black screen will come up saying hancent at the top but then it takes like 5 seconds to load. I tried deleting all my conversations hoping it would speed it up, but it still takes that long. Has anyone else experienced these longer then usual loading times with handcent?

dclutter1

Reaction score
I just tried mine and it loaded in about 2 seconds the first time then immediately every time after that. I hadn't opened handcent in a day or two prior to that test. I'm on 3.1.1.

pmbernal3

Reaction score
My phone does the same thing also. It always shows the popup as soon as the message arrives but when I'm starting to type the message it will vibrate to let me know I got the message even though I already got it.

I havent liked the recent updates on Handcent. It's really laggy and the past options for the pop-up message were way better.

jcardona1

Reaction score
handcent has been slow for me since i installed it in november. but i like the app so i just deal with it. the stock app is garbage

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
it seems to be getting slower and slower each update, recently its been taking a long time to load and fc's half the time. i hope they fix it

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
yeah its really frustrating. I think I may try chomp sms and see how that runs. Does it have led color options for each contact?

bfdroidx

Reaction score
Long load times...

I have the same problem with the Droid X and I am about to remove Handcent, dont have that long to wait.

Does anyone out there have another texting app that's faster? All I need is something fast that allows me to add pre-made text quickly.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the Droid X and I am about to remove Handcent, dont have that long to wait.

Does anyone out there have another texting app that's faster? All I need is something fast that allows me to add pre-made text quickly.

check out Go SMS. Its pretty new and has similar features too Handcent.

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my X. I have been following a new sms app called Go SMS, and about 3 days ago I finally switched over to it to be my main SMS app. So far I love it! It has almost all of the customization features of handcent, it runs much better and smoother. And I also like the look/feel of the app. Also, the dev is always listening to feedback and there are constant updates to make it better. I really suggest you try Go Sms.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my X. I have been following a new sms app called Go SMS, and about 3 days ago I finally switched over to it to be my main SMS app. So far I love it! It has almost all of the customization features of handcent, it runs much better and smoother. And I also like the look/feel of the app. Also, the dev is always listening to feedback and there are constant updates to make it better. I really suggest you try Go Sms.

GO sms was really good but I had one gripe with it. It wouldn't sync my facebook pictures over to my contacts. Has this been fixed? I haven't looked at the app for a couple of weeks now.

krazzyjman

Reaction score

GO sms was really good but I had one gripe with it. It wouldn't sync my facebook pictures over to my contacts. Has this been fixed? I haven't looked at the app for a couple of weeks now.

I downloaded syncmypix, you can run it whenever you want and it syncs all of your contacts with facebook, then they will show up in Go Sms. It takes like a minute to sync. Let me know of you have any other questions

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

I downloaded syncmypix, you can run it whenever you want and it syncs all of your contacts with facebook, then they will show up in Go Sms. It takes like a minute to sync. Let me know of you have any other questions

okay cool, I'll have to check that out. One more question, have they added the ability to set LED notifications with different colors to different people like you can do in handcent?

krazzyjman

Reaction score

okay cool, I'll have to check that out. One more question, have they added the ability to set LED notifications with different colors to different people like you can do in handcent?

Yes you can customize individual vibrate patterns and led color, and flash speed for every contact. Something they just updates not too long ago. Any more questions feel free to ask