Handcent return number ??

FStone

Reaction score
Handcent return number = IMSI

Hi all,

I just bought a TBolt after a long and grueling time using a back-up dumb-phone. I installed Handcent after reading about it on the forums and like what I see....mostly. The test text that I sent to my wife's BBerry showed the sender (me) as a string of numbers. No name, no phone number, no pic showing that it came from me. I tried sending myself a text and had the same problem. After digging around I realized that it was sending the IMSI number. :icon_eek:

If I did my google-fu right, this number is not normally supposed to be sent out. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'd like to keep Hancent, but will drop it if everyone I text gets this same header on their text.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a TBolt after a long and grueling time using a back-up dumb-phone. I installed Handcent after reading about it on the forums and like what I see....mostly. The test text that I sent to my wife's BBerry showed the sender (me) as a string of numbers. No name, no phone number, no pic showing that it came from me. I tried sending myself a text and had the same problem. After digging around I realized that it was sending the IMSI number. :icon_eek:

If I did my google-fu right, this number is not normally supposed to be sent out. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'd like to keep Hancent, but will drop it if everyone I text gets this same header on their text.

Thanks for the help!

Rebooting phone worked for me.