What does handcent take soo long to load?

tu3218

Reaction score
Why does handcent take soo long to load?

I love handcent for my texting but wow is it slow. I'm running PE4.2, which is very fast so I know its not the rom. Its crazy to wait 5-7 seconds for my conversations to pop up. I have about 6 in there, so its not a high amount. Any suggestions on fixing this?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running PE4.2, which is very fast so I know its not the rom.
You don't really know it's not the ROM unless you test Handcent on your device without the ROM. I mean, I doubt that's the case but be careful troubleshooting with faulty logic like that.

How many actual messages do you have?

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I'm running PE4.2, which is very fast so I know its not the rom.
You don't really know it's not the ROM unless you test Handcent on your device without the ROM. I mean, I doubt that's the case but be careful troubleshooting with faulty logic like that.

How many actual messages do you have?

every rom I've tried it on, it has done that. It says 1048 messages sent. Maybe thats the problem. I'm not sure.

Craig_s

Reaction score
Have you updated it? Try deleting and reinstalling. My habdcent seems to slow down when there I'd.an update, and it was slower with a picture as the background.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

lookEVO

Reaction score
Ive tried all kinds of different things to make mine faster and it stinks. Its so slow all the time.

doomer4life

Reaction score
First I would recommend opening the stock messaging app and go to settings and set a limit note that the limit is per conversation not overall and set it to a reasonable limit I have mine at 250 when I have no limit set mine can take forever to open and load

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mjforte

Reaction score
Handcent could also be slow to open because of the Droid's 256mb of RAM. The application probably gets killed due to running out of memory when opening other applications and must restart when you open it again. If the Droid had more RAM I don't think you'd notice this.

Chillout

Reaction score
I used Handcent off and on while I had my D1 and it always seems to bog down even if I had very few messages in the inbox. I switched over to Go SMS and that seemed to work alittle better. I was rooted (bugless) and overclocked and it still seemed to dog out.

Since I got my DX though I've had no issues with a fast load of the app (rooted, Liberty rom, overclocked).