lollipop

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
People are silly. It is as simple as that. They think just because they want it, it will be given to them. So silly.
And can you imagine how ticked they'd be of moto said... Ya want it?? Here it is!!! And the phones are all borked... But because they demanded it.. No warranty.. Lol

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And can you imagine how ticked they'd be of moto said... Ya want it?? Here it is!!! And the phones are all borked... But because they demanded it.. No warranty.. Lol
Better yet..... If Google said "here ya go.... That'll be 100 bucks.... pay pal will do just fine"

Remmy700P

Reaction score
Website
www.pesisolar.com
Current Phone Model
DROID Turbo
The AOSP folks transmitted the OS update to Verizon months ago. The assumption is that they're conducting platform validations. I'd bet it's at least another couple of months until the update notification gets pushed to all the Droid MAXXs on VZW.

In any case, I won't be doing the update to 5.0 from 4.4.4 until all the bugs get shaken out. The Nexus folks, I hear, are having a lousy time of it.... 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 to 5.1...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
^^^^ yeah. All upgrades follow this path
"the update is coming! "
" the update is here! "
" how come I ain't got the update yet? My 2d cousin in Wallamazula, MS got it a week ago! "
" ooohhhh, downloading now! "
" this danged update broke my (battery, gallery, messaging). I want the old OS back! "
Gotta love those forum threads :)
Been this way since Froyo....you'd think people would learn by now.
Scratch that.....you'd think GOOGLE would learn by now. LOL

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Some friends with Samsung's are getting update to lollipop, anyone hear anything about Maxx getting it?

I have not heard anything more about the Maxx, but Moto just announced this morning that the 2013 Moto X is going to skip the pending 5.0.X update and they are going to focus on Lollipop 5.1. That means a longer wait for Moto X users, but also means the latest fixes and improvements. There is no guarantee that we will also get Lollipop 5.1, but I am guessing that we will also. We also may have to wait a little longer, but I am happy to wait a little longer and get 5.1. I think I read somewhere that there were over 800 fixes by Google between 5.0.1 and 5.1. This will probably be the last major update for the Maxx so I hope they do it right.