lollipop

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Some friends with Samsung's are getting update to lollipop, anyone hear anything about Maxx getting it?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is a lot of "I want it now! Why can't I have it now?" chatter on the Moto forum, but their answer is still the same. The official update page says the Maxx will get Lollipop, just not "when". I don't think we will see anything until after the Droid Turbo gets the update. Once they have it, I think we will be soon after. Of course....who knows what "soon" is?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm not holding my breath for it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As long as the official update page says that we will get it, I am pretty confident that we will. But no one knows the "when". I think the good news is that Moto has been rolling out Lollipop updates pretty quick (much faster than they have in the past). The Moto G & E Lollipop update is rolling out. I believe the Moto X 2nd Gen has Lollipop, or it is still rolling out. So that leaves the Droid Turbo and Moto X 1st gen and Droid Maxx.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I'm in no hurry, just curious. Thanks for the info

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm in no hurry, just curious. Thanks for the info
No problem. You have probably noticed, but there are normally some threads indicating that Moto testing has started and leaks about testing once an OS update starts. Once you see those "leaks" then the update should hit your phone within a few weeks. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What's worse... The turbo won't see 5.0 until the nexus Is finally dropped on vzw.. This is a hunch...

doogald

Reaction score
Last year the Razr HD and similar 2012 Droids got KitKat in may. I'd say that's the earliest that the Maxx will get Lollipop this year, based on the fact that the turbo and 2013 X on Verizon still doesn't have the update.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Last year the Razr HD and similar 2012 Droids got KitKat in may. I'd say that's the earliest that the Maxx will get Lollipop this year, based on the fact that the turbo and 2013 X on Verizon still doesn't have the update.
And a lot of Droid users at the time were very unhappy with the KK update and the way KK reacted with their phones. It was not a good time to be a Moto employee. Let's hope this update goes smooth and is relatively bug-free. :)

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
^^^^ yeah. All upgrades follow this path
"the update is coming! "
" the update is here! "
" how come I ain't got the update yet? My 2d cousin in Wallamazula, MS got it a week ago! "
" ooohhhh, downloading now! "
" this danged update broke my (battery, gallery, messaging). I want the old OS back! "
Gotta love those forum threads :)

Reactions: cr6

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I feel like a lot of times things break because people just drop a an update on the phone and expect it to work. It doesn't work like that. Sometimes it is the users fault, sometimes is the software/OEMs fault.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
To avoid problems:
Save/back up
Fdr
Install
For again
Clear cache
Restore apps one at a time and check them out one at a time
Never had problems with an update before

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
It seems like you have been doing it the way I recommend to everyone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's like a brawl over on the turbo forums for the moto owners forum... So many people demanding 5...so many people trolling.. A discussion about if 5. Was even "promised" lol... Wow.. The trenches... They be full..

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
People are silly. It is as simple as that. They think just because they want it, it will be given to them. So silly.