Lollipop Update

Jaxom

Reaction score
I've been researching for over a month to fix these issues on my M8 that is on Verizon. It's a stock phone, never rooted. Apps open and then close, some flash open but never do, apps constantly restart in the background. I don't have a lot of apps installed.

Things I've tried...
1. Uninstalling apps and reinstalling them.
2. Factory reset on 5/1, didn't fix anything, but I seem to have only one or two apps that restart in the background.
3. Uninstalling the update for "Android System WebView" (found this one posted by people on the web that it can cause issues).
4. A day ago I read that going into the boot up and wiping the cache can fix the problem, but this didn't work either.

So I'm planning on going to Verizon and asking for any fix they can provide since it's been a frustrating month and not sure I want to wait it out to see if the next update to Lollipop fixes the problems.

Has anyone else had any luck with going back to their provider and coming out with a solution?

OP
Jaxom

Jaxom

Reaction score
Biggest issue is a lot of Apps close before they completely load, or they load and then close shortly afterwards. I also notice that a number of these Apps stop and restart themselves in the background. Gmail App hangs and I usually have to close it and re-open it. Some Apps run into errors when I try to install them or install their updates.

Went to the store yesterday and they said I could get a refurbished phone, no guarantee that it won't have the same issues. The other option would be that they would help do an early upgrade (only a year into current contract) but I would have to pay for the upgrade. I was told that Samsung devices are having trouble since their last update and some iPhones are having issues as well.

They also told me that a patch for Lollipop is in the works, but the release date is going to be somewhere between August and October.

Sounds like OS updates are being rushed out before thorough testing is done.