Galaxy S4: Weak service causes permanent loss of service, soft reboot, after recent update

gbushold

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I am having an annoying problem after the recent update to Lollipop on my Galaxy S4 that neither Verizon Wireless or Samsung can find a solution.

A few months back I had an issue with my camera (camera unable to load), so I fixed the issue by completing a full factory reinstall of the operating system (June/July). Ever since then, when I am in a service area that has weak signal, it will eventually lose signal completely. The service to the cell provider will not be restored even if I am in an area of excellent service, and for several hours at a time. It requires that my phone be restarted every single time. I have never had this issue before, until the recent update. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried absolutely everything (new phone, new SIM, removing battery and SIM, removing SD card). Basically, Verizon just says it's normal, and Samsung says they have no control over the service. Is this an Android Lollipop issue. Sounds to me like it's a temporary fix for battery consumption while searching for service. Any ideas? I am completely frustrated.