Lock Screen

jphudy

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off the "slider" lock screen. It's obnoxious.

The unit will not enter any screen touches if it is locked until you either (1) shift the display to partially reveal the keyboard or (2) press the lock button at the top.

Because it's virtually impossible to have an errant entry of either (1) or (2), the additional use of the slider is a PITA.

I just want to wake the thing by (1) or (2) and have the home screen appear immediately!!

Anyone?

OP
J

jphudy

Reaction score
So, it's safe to assume that removal of the "slider" screen is not an option then? Too bad....

delaen

Reaction score
In addition, is there a way to get rid of both locks? 99% of the time being able to touch the screen is all I want to do to wake it up. Even my storm could pull that one off. It's especially frustrating while running. If I get a message I have to hit a button, slide the unlock screen, hit the tiny notification bar, drag it down, and click on it...all while running full speed. Is there a bluetooth command that'll basically do "open whatever just came in!"?

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
I would like to do the same thing. Everytime the screen "sleeps" it locks the phone, annoying. I just want to turn off the auto lock, I can lock the phone when I need it locked. I've always had the auto lock feature turned off on all my phones. And I cant for the life of me find it on this one!

Very poor of them to leave this feature out, if it is infact left out.

warrenianbarr

Reaction score
Somebody please! This is really annoying!!! One or the other feature would be fine but we don't need both.

Warren

vthops

Reaction score
I'm on the other end of the spectrum. All of a sudden my phone won't lock when it goes to sleep. It used to, then I made a call on it and now it won't lock. I have no idea what happened. How do I get it back so it locks when it goes to sleep.

Also, at the same time this happened my Home and Search "buttons" stopped working. They vibrate when i touch them but they don't do anything. Menu works in most screens but the only one that works all the time is the Back button. I now can't get to any homescreen widgets!

Please, anybody help?! I assume these things are related but who knows. The phone is about 30 hours old and this doesn't bode well....

lordofpi

Reaction score
Wow, a feature I've been waiting for in my converged devices for the last eight years, and everyone hates it -- lol. Just proves that everyone's needs truly are different! There definitely ought to be an option to disable, though.

Tumaz04

Reaction score
I think it's kinda weird that no one is chiming in on this....there really must not be a solution for this. How sad.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
wow i love the lock screen esp after the cops tried to hack it and the G1 and it shut down on them. plus its much faster then punching in some digits. and my contacts, pics(the pics r supa hush) and call logs are a well guarded secret what Jay Z say like a dog i never seak but i understand lol. but it can be changed to ur standard slide right. just keep phone awake and u wont have to fool with it

OP
J

jphudy

Reaction score
No, no - let me clarify because some of us are confused.

I'm not talking about the security lock which requires you to trace a specific pattern to unlock the phone.... It's a user's option to use that security function.

I'm talking about the screen unlock. You know, when you slide the little green button from left to right in the semi-curved pattern.

It's completely unnecessary since the screen is 100% locked out until you (1) press either the top button or (2) joggle slide the keyboard.

If the device sits and the display goes dark, it takes either (1) or (2) to wake the device. Then, you need to slide the green button to unlock the screen.

Seriously - the botton at the top is a PITA to touch, sliding the keyboard is a PITA... AND - to make matters worse, you still have to slide the green button to unlock.

Overkill - IMO.

delaen

Reaction score
Autolock does this but its a buck

In case anyone reads this and goes and buys this app like I did...no it doesn't. It let's you put a delay on the pattern lock, but during that delay time the slide lock still comes up. If anything, to someone who's looking to get rid of the lock altogether this app actually makes the problem worse.

It's a nice app, but this isn't the problem it solves.

Last edited:

Storm1126

Reaction score
I would tend to agree. I would prefer the screen to just go blank after let's say 2 mintues as it sit on my desk so it conserves the battery. And then if I truly want to lock it, I can either hit a widget to lock it or the button on top.

The extra steps of sliding the keyboard or hitting the top button, THEN doing slide to unlock should be an option that can be turned off.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
In addition, is there a way to get rid of both locks? 99% of the time being able to touch the screen is all I want to do to wake it up. Even my storm could pull that one off. It's especially frustrating while running. If I get a message I have to hit a button, slide the unlock screen, hit the tiny notification bar, drag it down, and click on it...all while running full speed. Is there a bluetooth command that'll basically do "open whatever just came in!"?

SMS Popup will display an incoming text message even if the phones screen is asleep and locked.. so that could be a solution to part of your problem.