Lock Screen

holee

Reaction score
The Droid is missing a lot of the polishes that Windows/iPhone has. I attribute most of that to how new it is.

It is frustrating for me, coming from an environment where the default phone OS has most of the features I've come to rely on. On the Droid, it requires a lot of addons to get it to a similar level.

For things such as the lock feature you're looking for though, I've come to realize that all I can do is wait for some developer to work on it. I'm sure there will be a ton of new apps coming in the next months. And many of them will address some of these issues.

The question is can we be patient enough until then.

grandkai

Reaction score
I noticed on another thread about this Widget called Awake Stay. It works for me. Seems to have a few glitches as it resets itself once and a while to where the lock screen comes back but just tapping the icon to put the circle with a line through it makes it so the lock screen does not come up again. Hope this helps. Oh and the app is free.

Droidforums

Reaction score
I noticed on another thread about this Widget called Awake Stay. It works for me. Seems to have a few glitches as it resets itself once and a while to where the lock screen comes back but just tapping the icon to put the circle with a line through it makes it so the lock screen does not come up again. Hope this helps. Oh and the app is free.

Do you mean STAYAWAKE? I cannot find Awake Stay. I did find another one called ScreenModeWidget, Im going to test see what that is.

grandkai

Reaction score
Yes you are correct the app itself is ScreenModeWidget. I was looking at the desktop and used the name that it showed there instead of looking at the actual app. Sorry about that.

OP
J

jphudy

Reaction score
ScreenModeWidget did the trick for me!! Thanks! No more pesky slider screen!!

Now - back to figuring out how to switch the notification bar to the bottom so that I can flick it with my thumb and not "reach" across the whole screen to get to it.

delaen

Reaction score
That app does this, but it's buggy. You need to remove the widget and re-add it to the desktop every half hour or so because it stops working.

OP
J

jphudy

Reaction score
OH - OH; AND, not only will it remove that pesky slider.... It allows you to turn on the screen using the volume rocker or the camera buttons too!!! SOOOOOO much easier!

delaen

Reaction score
Give it 20 minutes before getting too excited. :(

It stops working.

grandkai

Reaction score
Can't help with the notification bar location other than to suggest holding the phone upside down. As far as the problems with the slider app go I never had to uninstall and reinstall just had to tap it again to get it back to blocking the locking screen.

Last edited:

delaen

Reaction score
For me the widget became unresponsive in addition to the functionality stopping. The market comments have that as a recurring theme.

OP
J

jphudy

Reaction score
Ok... I talked to the maker of screenmodewidget by email. He corrected the freezing problem andthe new version is updated on the merketplace. I'm so damn happy to have this app!

tlq

Reaction score
Ok... I talked to the maker of screenmodewidget by email. He corrected the freezing problem andthe new version is updated on the merketplace. I'm so damn happy to have this app!

i take it, it's still working wonderfully with the new update?

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I ust installed it again after update.
Still did not work for me.
I'll try after the next update.