Lock screen question

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm pretty sure this is a Lollipop thing, but figured I would ask. I have a Turbo, upgraded to 5.1 right out of the box. I have a lock screen pattern enabled. I have all of my BT devices setup as Trusted Devices, and that part works great. Since my LG G watch is connected all day long, I do not have to enter my pattern to unlock the phone...but I still have to swipe up from the bottom to fully unlock it and see my home screen. I have been all through the Settings and have not seen anything to enable or disable this. It's not a big deal, just curious if this is a new "feature" of Lollipop? An added swipe when using a BT Trusted Device? My wife's Moto X has had Lollipop for a while now and I don't remember having to do this extra swipe on her phone. Thanks.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, no way to get rid of the "Notification Shade" at all. None. Zero. Zilch.
Not without some 3rd party magic.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was gonna say, I think that's a lollipop thing, but I don't have a turbo. Same issue on my Note 4 though. With a "swipe lock" situation thanks to trusted devices, if I tap on a notification, I still have to swipe to unlock and it opens right to that app. Extra step that shouldn't be needed, but I kinda understand that they probably did it to keep people from accidentally opening notifications they didn't mean to and/or make one more step for phone peepers who have no business checking out my notifications, but it would be nice to tap to open and be done with it.

I think my Nexus 7 does the same thing most of the time, but I also feel like there are a few apps that don't require the extra swipe. I'll have to try and investigate that further.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I tried several ways..and i use a g watch too...no way around it..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
With a "swipe lock" situation thanks to trusted devices, if I tap on a notification, I still have to swipe to unlock and it opens right to that app.

OK now that's a little different then. On the Turbo if I double tap a notice on that Shade (as I will call it) it DOES go right to the app, no next swipe needed.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ah. That's more like it is on the Nexus 7 then. I do recall that, but on the Note, when I tap a notification, the square area below that pops up with the "unlock" icon, prompting me to swipe that are to "unlock" the device. Maybe I'm not understanding the swipe thing you Turbo guys are talking about then...

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK now that's a little different then. On the Turbo if I double tap a notice on that Shade (as I will call it) it DOES go right to the app, no next swipe needed.

Didn't know that. Thanks! Learned something new today, that makes the new "swipe up feature" a little better knowing I can double tap and open straight to that app. Thanks Pere!

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. I kind of figured this was a Lollipop "feature". It's not a big deal, just wanted to make sure that I was not missing a setting somewhere.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Now I'm even more confused. My feed reader app's notifications require one tap to unlock and take me into the app on my Note 4. Seems to be no real rhyme or reason to which ones require the extra step.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What? Google confusing us with different options that do different hings? Never! :)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK so without a Smart Lock on, if you choose "Power Button goes to Lock screen" it bypasses the Shade. *Confirmed*

As soon as you add a Trusted Device or Place, it turns on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So...I guess uncle Google decided that if we want to use BT trusted devices we need an extra swipe to see the home screen?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This is why I have a love/hate relationship with this company. :D But they annoy me WAY less then Apple.

Ophus

Reaction score
On the Turbo if you swipe down from the moto display screen it will bypass the second lock screen. If you turn on with the power button it goes to the second lock screen. If you have a moto notification, you can swipe up to that and go directly to the app. I have trusted devices and trusted places turned on.