Getting the Lock Screen to function

Gehangin

Reaction score
When I first got my Droid 3 a few months ago, the swipe/lock screen was functioning the way it's supposed to (I believe). When I would press the unlock button on top of the device and the screen would come on, I'd swipe my finger across the screen, as noted, to unlock it.

Now, for the past few weeks, whenever I click the button up top, either the "swipe screen" appears for a second and then disappears by itself, without me swiping - unlocking the phone by itself, OR (more often) the swipe screen never appears in the first place and the screen just comes on, right onto the home.

I have not, to my knowledge, installed any app to work around the lock screen nor is my phone rooted. When I setup to use a pass code or unlock pattern, they both work as expected, but the plain, default, no-code and no-pattern unlock swipe just doesn't function.
I'd like to have it back.
Ideas?

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Widget locker would be my advice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Gehangin

Gehangin

Reaction score
Thanks . . . but what is widget locker?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Short of doing a factory reset, I'd try Widget Locker, too. I don't use it and can't really recommend it, but I do recommend at least looking for it in the Market. Just type "Widget Locker" into the search bar.

Something tells me a factory reset would solve this problem without the aid of an app, though. Have you tried a simple battery pull yet? If not, try that before anything. Something went wiggy and it's probably an easy fix.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums