Lock Screen Display

Undsputed

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've searched around a bit, and I'm having trouble figuring something out on my new Turbo. Hoping this is an easy way for those experienced with Moto and/or Android. I just came over from an iPhone for the past year so it may just be my inexperience with the current OS for Android.

I want to turn Moto Display off. I'd rather have text messages, e-mail notifications, etc. delivered to my lock screen just like when they pop up on the iPhone. I actually want to see the messages on the screen and not just a notification either.

Is there some easy way to do this in the settings that I'm missing or do I need to have Moto Display active to get this? It seems like a basic function I would expect. I'm not using Hangouts or the Verizon app for SMS... I'm using what I believe is the stock Kitkat messaging app (square green head).

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Drop the green and go with the red Verizon messenger plus app, more user options. I don't think you can get the notifications on the floating screen.

We must...We must...increase our boost

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Pretty much any 3rd party messaging app provides this. Handcent, GoSMS, Chaton, etc.

OP
U

Undsputed

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks it sounds like it c an't happen without 3rd party assistance. I'll look into some of the apps mentioned above!

fhahjee1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung
Assuming you just didn't get the "Mother of ALL Batteries" I'd probably try normal charging first, followed by an FDR if the normal charge didn't work and finally an exchange.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Drop the green and go with the red Verizon messenger plus app, more user options. I don't think you can get the notifications on the floating screen.

Eww. I don't care if it makes me coffee, no way I even consider using a VZW app for anything if I can possibly avoid it.

D._Manley

Reaction score
Eww. I don't care if it makes me coffee, no way I even consider using a VZW app for anything if I can possibly avoid it.
I've always thought the same in the past (with good reason) but I have to say, the Messenger app is different. I've used most all of them and while I find several that are satisfactory for my needs, I keep coming back to it. I give Verizon credit for getting this one right.

BleezyD

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop the Moto Display from coming on with vibrations? I only want it to come on when either get a message or when I wave my hand, not when it senses a vibration. It's driving my nuts having the display pop on all the time. If its on my desk and I put a book on it, the display pops on like it senses the vibration. I cant find any settings for this damn MotoDisplay...seems to just have on/off?????

Hodor

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop the Moto Display from coming on with vibrations? I only want it to come on when either get a message or when I wave my hand, not when it senses a vibration. It's driving my nuts having the display pop on all the time. If its on my desk and I put a book on it, the display pops on like it senses the vibration. I cant find any settings for this damn MotoDisplay...seems to just have on/off?????
It drives me crazy too. Off/on is all I can find too..

Hodor

Reaction score
Looks like you can go to Moto>Actions>Approach for Moto Display and turn it off, and things approaching the screen will no longer trigger it