DynamicNotifications App is a Good Copy of Active Display Lock Screen on Moto X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dynamic-notifications-app.png

For folks who want to try out the concept of the Active Display Lock Screen on the Moto X before the phone is released, there is a great new app on the Google Play Store called DynamicNotifications. It makes for a remarkable simulacrum of the Active Display Lock Screen functionality seen in the upcoming Moto X smartphone. It's from the deveopler Great Bytes Software, and just like the version on the Moto X version, the DynamicNotifications app displays your most recent notifications on your lock screen. You can also easily jump to the corresponding app when you swipe over the notification icon. It will even work with your existing lock screen patterns to keep the integrity of your security.

The app can do a bit more than just these functions. Here's a quote with more of the details,

FEATURES:

* Notifications don't light up when your phone is in your pocket, purse, or face down to avoid accidental unlocks
* Select which app-notifications you'd like to receive via DynamicNotifications
* "Custom timeout": Select for how long DynamicNotifications should be shown (Premium feature)
* "Sleep at night": Don't show notifications at night (Premium feature)
* "More privacy": Hide additional notification details (e.g. SMS text, sender) (Premium feature)
* "Adjust screen brightness": Select how bright the DynamicNotifications screen should be (Premium feature)
* Automatically switch off screen when dismissing notifications(Premium feature)

Sound off if you have tried out this app and let us know what you think of it. The source link below will take you to the Google Play Store to try it out.

Source: Google Play Store

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Pretty cool but it requires Android version 4.3 so it won't work with any of my mobile devices. :sad-b:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Pretty cool but it requires Android version 4.3 so it won't work with any of my mobile devices. :sad-b:

In the description of the app (from the Play Store), it says it should work on 4.0 and above...

Please note: This is an experimental app. It has been confirmed to work on the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7, 10, and the Google Play edition of the S4 (all running stock Android 4.3 or CM10.2) so far. Please let me know if it does/doesn't work for you! It should work on any phone with Android >=4.0 and doesn't require "root".

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good app. I did notice an issue and emailed the dev. It is as a result of how you set the settings.

Me:

First love the app and that is the reason I am emailing. But I believe there is a potential bug in your last update. When you enable auto awake or use as lockscreen it sends the phone into a frenzy it will go to screen off and when you unlock it it goes back to screen off. For my Note2 even after I uninsalled the app, wipe cache and dalvik in recovery it still kept doing it. For a while I thought it may have been an issue from another app I updated. I recovered by restoring a backup I made about a week ago. I saw a comment about it in the reviews and thought ill test it out on my nexus (I feel more comfortable testing stuff on my nexus because it is not my primary phone) the same issue happened on the nexus except turning off auto awake and use as lockscreens stopped the loop i didn't need to go into recovery. After work i can re enable and get you a lot cat if it will help.
Good app and I understand about hiccups in software every now and then. I rather give useful feedback to help than moan in the review section.

Having use as lock screen, auto awake, and switch off screen upon dismiss sends it into an endless loop. I am going to backup my ROM now on my n2 and give it a try on it.

Below is the email that I thought I sent this morning but have been stuck in my outbox, my bad. Any way app works fine on n2 as well just needed to uncheck screen off on dismiss having that checked when I had use as lock screen or auto wake just sent it into an endless loop. Any way good app keep up the good work

dev:
Hi pc747,

thanks for letting me know! Sorry that I wasn’t able to respond to your messages earlier, the last few days have been crazy.
I’m glad you got it to work! If someone else mentions this bug to me, I’ll let them know how you solved it (and will of course try to find a solution for fixing this permanently, myself).

Thanks again,
Best regards,

View attachment 65650View attachment 65651View attachment 65652

So if you find yourself in an endless unlock loop change your settings. For my n2 changing settings still kept it looping so I had to restore a backup than when I reinstalled it I made sure to set my settings based on what I learned from my galaxy nexus.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It works on 4.2. So give it a try

Works fine on my n2 (4.1.2), galaxy nexus (4.3) and n7 (4.3) been running the app for about 2 weeks. Today was the first time I ran into a problem as he updated the app today and added new features but after applying the fix above things have been smooth.
In the description of the app (from the Play Store), it says it should work on 4.0 and above...

Please note: This is an experimental app. It has been confirmed to work on the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7, 10, and the Google Play edition of the S4 (all running stock Android 4.3 or CM10.2) so far. Please let me know if it does/doesn't work for you! It should work on any phone with Android >=4.0 and doesn't require "root".

Works fine on all my devices (n2, galaxy nexus, and n7).

4low4fun

Reaction score
Its working with 4.1.2!
Kind of cool but I see it draining the crap out of the battery

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its working with 4.1.2!
Kind of cool but I see it draining the crap out of the battery

No not if in settings you check "custom screen timeout" and change it to like 5-10 sec. I have mine set to 5 sec. Also I left auto awake unchecked.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will admit that there is a difference in how the app looks and act on 4.3 vs 4.1.2. App is much more functional on 4.3 almost like that of the moto x. But 4.1.2 is usable. Now if samsung will hurry up and release 4.3 to the n2 already.