Moto Display comes on very frequently even with no Notifications

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Moto Display comes on very frequently even with no Notifications. I am not sure if its an Issue with the Otterbox Defender or maybe something going on with my Droid Turbo. Anyone else having issues like this? If so any Suggestions? Thanks!

JDH

Reaction score
Mine is flashing white light for less than a second. This is completely random. Just started about a week or so ago.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What is it displaying when it comes on, just the current time?

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Time just shows. It seems like it can show every 15-30 sec

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I could be mistaken, but I thought 30 seconds was the default time that Moto Display will flash the time. And then when there are new Notifications the time interval decreases based on the total number of notifications.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Correct.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It flashes the time while just sitting there? I know on my 6P, the Active Display will come on if I barely bump the phone, but it doesn't just randomly flash to show me the time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It flashes the time while just sitting there? I know on my 6P, the Active Display will come on if I barely bump the phone, but it doesn't just randomly flash to show me the time.
Yep, ever since Moto introduced Active Display with the 2013 Moto X & Droid Ultra / Maxx it displays the current time every 30 seconds. I like it, comes in handy some times. If you have active notifications then it pulses at a faster rate depending on the number of notifications. And....I can wave my hand over the screen at any time to see the current time and what notifications are pending.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yep, ever since Moto introduced Active Display with the 2013 Moto X & Droid Ultra / Maxx it displays the current time every 30 seconds. I like it, comes in handy some times. If you have active notifications then it pulses at a faster rate depending on the number of notifications. And....I can wave my hand over the screen at any time to see the current time and what notifications are pending.

I enjoy the notification aspect of the 6P's Active Display, but it'd drive me nuts to have the screen pulse the time every 30 seconds when it's sitting on the arm of my recliner/etc. As it is, I have to lay it face down on the nightstand at bedtime.

To each, his own. Haha! The one thing I think might be kinda cool that the 6P doesn't have is the extra sensors for waiving your hand over it to check them, but, as I said up there^, it doesn't take much of a jostle for it to come on anyway.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I enjoy the notification aspect of the 6P's Active Display, but it'd drive me nuts to have the screen pulse the time every 30 seconds when it's sitting on the arm of my recliner/etc. As it is, I have to lay it face down on the nightstand at bedtime.

To each, his own. Haha! The one thing I think might be kinda cool that the 6P doesn't have is the extra sensors for waiving your hand over it to check them, but, as I said up there^, it doesn't take much of a jostle for it to come on anyway.
With Moto's Active Display there is an option to turn it off during set hours, so it will not pulse while you are sleeping. You should have bought that Moto X Pure Jonny.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
When there is a new notification, it is every 6 seconds. I use Moto Active and it does NOT pulse anything to me every 30 seconds. It IS hela sensitive. I can bump my desk and it wakes up.