location unavailable

Syraz

Reaction score
Since put on 1.0, Google.com, google maps, hell anything using GPS to track pinpoint me gets an error with location unavailable. Since I use this to help with my job I am trying to figure a way to get it to work. It has no problems with other roms I tested on, and even stock. Just once I load up my favorite rom, this happens.

any help will be greatly appriciated

captdroid

Reaction score
Since put on 1.0, Google.com, google maps, hell anything using GPS to track pinpoint me gets an error with location unavailable. Since I use this to help with my job I am trying to figure a way to get it to work. It has no problems with other roms I tested on, and even stock. Just once I load up my favorite rom, this happens.

any help will be greatly appriciated

You wipe data and cache before the install? If so then try reapplying the Sapphire update.zip and gapps update.zip without any wipe.

flyinion

Reaction score
Did you wipe data/cache when you installed? I've had this happen once before on a Kangerade ROM and I think it was something to do with the kernel I was using but I never found out for sure as I ended up with a newer version or moved to a different version or something and it went away. I'm not having that problem with Sapphire at all though (it's the first thing I check now) but I also did a full wipe before moving to it.

OP
S

Syraz

Reaction score
yeup actually do that 3 times out of habit, and 3 is my favorite number.. Could try the update.zip again maybe different kernel also

flyinion

Reaction score
Are you using a Sapphire kernel or are you trying someone elses?

OP
S

Syraz

Reaction score
stock kernel that came with sapphire

OP
S

Syraz

Reaction score
well switched to different kernel and so far so good...

sjkellyfetti

Reaction score
I am having this exact issue. The stock News and Weather widget was the tip off, but Google Maps also didn't work. I am also new to rooting - I rooted Saturday night and went straight to Sapphire 1.0.0, using the stock kernel that came with the ROM. I have been considering changing to the 7x250-1000LV kernel instead, as my phone seems a bit wonky when using 125 as the low end. I will change to that and see if it helps.

~Skells

Andrew C

Reaction score
I am having this exact issue. The stock News and Weather widget was the tip off, but Google Maps also didn't work. I am also new to rooting - I rooted Saturday night and went straight to Sapphire 1.0.0, using the stock kernel that came with the ROM. I have been considering changing to the 7x250-1000LV kernel instead, as my phone seems a bit wonky when using 125 as the low end. I will change to that and see if it helps.

~Skells

Go into Settings > Location & Security > Use Wireless Networks. Now open Google Maps. Your location on the map should appear. Also make sure GPS is turned on.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on the LV 250-1000, have a related question, maps works, but "rainy days" doesnt seem to use the GPS (zoom in gives me cell location, and the app has no internal settings for using GPS, it just "did"), I seem to remember it doing so before the ROM< but wanted to check with membership to compare..