"Location Unavailable" GOOGLE.com

klaudt

Reaction score
Make sure you are logged into Google, maybe that is what I did to make my location work?

boatman2220

Reaction score
Make sure you are logged into Google, maybe that is what I did to make my location work?

I'm signed in getting my emails, I set my preferences and saved them. Same thing, location unavailable, and Google in Spanish. Strange. Everything works, just have to touch the Google in English button. Haven't checked to see if Voice Search understands English or not. LOL

MInkyboi

Reaction score
i was having this problem last night when i needed directions to get home. was very frustrated lol

Porwah

Reaction score
I think I found a solution. For a long time, when I went to Google.com on the stock browser I was not getting the Near Me Now functionality. I kept getting "Location Unavailable" and hitting the update link 40 times did nothing.

I tried the Settings link on the Google.com page. That did nothing.

I tried clearing and cycling the location settings of the browser. That did nothing.

Finally, I checked the phone's settings: [Home screen] / Settings / Location & Security. A while back I chose to uncheck the "Use Wireless Settings". I checked it. It prompted me about sharing my location with Google. Hit OK to that. Went back to the browser, hit the update link, and viola... I have a location. And Near Me Now.

Hope this helps...

Mitchdar

Reaction score
I was getting the same issue that has been covered here and many other forums. Here is what I did that worked for me:
Home screen> settings>Location & Security>Use wireless networks>check the box.
Home screen> settings>Location & Security>Use GPS satellites>check the box.
Go back to home screen.
Select browser>touch menu soft key>more>settings>(scroll down)ENABLE LOCATION>CHECK THE BOX.
It says "allow sites to request access to your location".
This worked for the Google location unavailable problem as well as other problems where the GPS could not find my location.

Hope this helps....

Soot

Reaction score
I followed what Mitchdar posted on 4/26/2010. Then I scrolled down to the "privacy configuration" and cleared all cookie data, cache, history, form data and location access. Now my location is working again.

telestrial

Reaction score
Location Unavailable

Go to home screen
Go to settings app
Go to Location
Make sure Use wireless networks is checked
Make sure Use GPS is checked
tap Location setting the one in the middle on eris
set Location ON

Go to Privacy
check Use My Location

Toggle GPS on and off if necessary
Go to google settings
make sure allow use of device location is set to yes
SAVE

should work
turn off wifi if it still doesn't work

kyoo

Reaction score
Go to home screen
Go to settings app
Go to Location
Make sure Use wireless networks is checked
Make sure Use GPS is checked
tap Location setting the one in the middle on eris
set Location ON

Go to Privacy
check Use My Location

Toggle GPS on and off if necessary
Go to google settings
make sure allow use of device location is set to yes
SAVE

should work
turn off wifi if it still doesn't work

this works!

smgoodall

Reaction score
location unavailable google mobile droid x

If you have been as frustrated as I have been trying to fix this issue and most posts leading you to nothing better than what you started with, I believe this post may help you.

If you have the problem of location unavailability on google mobile, try this: On the google page you are on, press the Menu Key (hard leftmost key on the phone, that has four squares and one is colored in). Press "More" (bottom right) and then scroll down to "Settings". Once Settings is pressed, scroll down to "Enable Location," check the box. You can clear location access for all websites (located below Enable Location) so you can make sure your location is recognized by google. Press the Back Key on the phone, a page should pop up asking you if you want google to recognize your location, press yes (or whatever it tells you to to authorize your location). And presto, google should now be able to recognize your location. Hope this helps!

jamesrog

Reaction score
I had the same problem, That worked perfect for me. Thnks for the info.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

norbs121

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I managed to fix mine on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I went into settings. Internet. Content settings. Web page. Deselect Google and any other website with a and re select where possible. Sorry
Most Web pages clear the cache or data. It will then disappear. Restart Google and the location will appear 5-10 seconds later. Hope this helps someone.