Little help please

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You know, I am fairly sure I didn't.

It's in red letters in the instructions ... so this may not be easy. But we are going to have to deal with this tomorrow, it's 3:00 AM here. We will get you fixed, it's not the end of the world. Sorry :(

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
I see that now and will accept the ridicule I am deserved. I appreciate the help.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have a doid razr maxx. Version 2.3.6 System 6.12.181. I do have root. Is there a file I can use to get to the ICS update(ultimately would like to get the 215 leak.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. If so, please direct me to the post.

Thanks.
While reading this thread it occurred to me that if you are on .181 then you should be able to menu>settings>about phone>check for updates. That should prompt Verizon to initiate the OTA update process which will get you to stock .211 ICS. You shouldn't need the RazrUtility to get to .211 which is the latest OTA update to ICS. Now, to get to .215 is a different story, but lets get you to stock .211 ICS first...in my opinion. I don't remember what version software 1.7 was geared to but after you get to .211 you need RazrUtility 1.81, not 1.7.

Update...Ok, I went and did some research. I think you may need to use RazrUtility 1.6 to restore to stock .181. The problem you maybe having using 1.7 is that the bootloader on our phones changed between GB builds and ICS builds. You should be able to use 1.6 to restore to .181 and then do an OTA to .211 using "check for updates" on your phone as explained above. MattyP, does this make sense to you?

Last edited:
OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try this. The download link is painfully slow so will be a while before I can report back.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While reading this thread it occurred to me that if you are on .181 then you should be able to menu>settings>about phone>check for updates. That should prompt Verizon to initiate the OTA update process which will get you to stock .211 ICS. You shouldn't need the RazrUtility to get to .211 which is the latest OTA update to ICS. Now, to get to .215 is a different story, but lets get you to stock .211 ICS first...in my opinion. I don't remember what version software 1.7 was geared to but after you get to .211 you need RazrUtility 1.81, not 1.7.

Update...Ok, I went and did some research. I think you may need to use RazrUtility 1.6 to restore to stock .181. The problem you maybe having using 1.7 is that the bootloader on our phones changed between GB builds and ICS builds. You should be able to use 1.6 to restore to .181 and then do an OTA to .211 using "check for updates" on your phone as explained above. MattyP, does this make sense to you?

Yeah, makes good sense. I sent him to 1.7 because it would get him to .211 from any GB version :)

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Ok. Seems I am stuck in AP fastboot. Telling me low battery even though I have had it plugged in and charging. If I try and boot into recovery it just goes back to the fastboot.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to power off the phone and plug it in to charge back up to 100% ... I will be around later this evening. :)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
You need to power off the phone and plug it in to charge back up to 100% ... I will be around later this evening. :)
+!...you really need to get a full charge on that phone before you try to go any further. MattyP is right-on.

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Gonna try again. I had it plugged in all night and then again today but it is still saying low battery.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You really need to turn the phone off and plug it in and at least see how much battery level is showing, because if your battery goes to zero while you are doing this you will be out of luck ... you need to be sure or your phone will be a high dollar paper weight. :icon_eek:

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
I have had it plugged in, but I don't think it's charging. I have no way to see what percentage the battery is at. This one may be fubar. Any ideas on where I can find one on the cheap? I am using my DroidX now.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it's plugged in you should be able to hit either volume button and the battery image will show what percentage the battery level is.

As for finding one cheap, I don't really know ... except maybe Craigslist. Sorry your phone got screwed up from it. :(

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think it's actually powering down. I am in the AP Fastboot(Boot failure) mode. I hold the power button down, nothing happens, just stays on the fastboot page. As soon as I release the power button the screen goes black and then the red M returns and ultimately I am back on the Fastboot page.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think it's actually powering down. I am in the AP Fastboot(Boot failure) mode. I hold the power button down, nothing happens, just stays on the fastboot page. As soon as I release the power button the screen goes black and then the red M returns and ultimately I am back on the Fastboot page.
dabootsan go to this link:Low Battery While Flashing - Known Workarounds - DroidRzr.com: This thread gives you several options to get you out of a low battery situation like you are in. I recommend you start with the first option offered and go from there. The first option has worked for a number of people...if it doesn't work for you go to option 2 and so on. I think you can recover your phone. Let us know how it goes...good luck.

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Well,
I ended up getting a new RAZR MAXX and am on .211 and 4.0.4. Which route would you recommend to get root? I see Eclipse came out with a ROM for this build.