Little help please

dabootsan

Reaction score
I have a doid razr maxx. Version 2.3.6 System 6.12.181. I do have root. Is there a file I can use to get to the ICS update(ultimately would like to get the 215 leak.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. If so, please direct me to the post.

Thanks.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This utility will upgrade you to ICS .211 just download to your PC, and unzip the files to a folder on your computer, do NOT try to run it from within the .zip file, extract it to a folder, hook your phone up with your USB cable, and choose option 1.

Then after it upgrades, you can use the same utility to root your phone again. Easy as pie. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-droid-razr-utility-1-7-failsafe-edition.html

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
Will give it a try. Thanks for the quick response.

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
And am now bricked. Won't reboot. I can get back to the recovery/AP fastboot, but nothing else.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok since you can get into recovery, try wiping data and cache. And please be patient I am bouncing between two different threads helping someone root their phone as well. :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We'll get you fixed. If you didn't get error messages wiping data and cache should fix it. :)

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
OK. After wiping data/cache, it attempts to reboot. Gets to the "M" and then goes blank.

OP
D

dabootsan

Reaction score
FYI. While running Utility 7, the directions state to be in fastboot mode. Should I be seeing any changes to this screen during the (writing system) process?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Question ... did you put the .zip file on your SD card before you ran the utility like the instructions said?