List of pre-loaded apps on the Verizon Pixel revealed!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
google_1475640353045.jpeg
We were all wondering how this was going to play out when Google announced Verizon exclusivity for the Pixel devices in the US.

Now, we've got a better picture of what apps will be pre-loaded on the new Google Pixel phones.

This info comes to us from a user on Reddit, who cites Verizon's business phones page. This may mean we need to take the list with a grain of salt, but it's still worth taking a look.

The full list of pre-installed apps can be found in the next post.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Pre-loaded Google Apps:
  • Calendar
  • Downloads
  • Messenger
  • Contacts
  • Camera
  • Settings
  • Phone
  • Clock
  • Calculator
  • Drive
  • Maps
  • Play Music
  • Gmail
  • Photos
  • Play Store
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • Chrome
  • Play Movies & TV
Pre-loaded Play Store Apps:
  • My Verizon
  • Go90
  • VZ Messages
  • Allo
  • Duo
  • Android Pay
  • Docs
  • Keep
Pre-loaded Verizon Apps:
  • NONE
While some may argue that a few of the pre-loaded Play Store apps have Verizon's name on them, it's important to remember that the apps in that list should all be user removable.

Discussion continued in the Reddit thread where another user suggested that those Verizon specific apps should, by Play Store Auto install rules, only be installed based off the SIM card installed when the phone is first booted up. A simple way around this is to Power the device on for the first time without a SIM card and setup via wifi.

What do you think about this list? See anything included that surprised you? See anything you were sure Big Red would try to force on users that's missing from the list?

Let us know in the thread below.

To me, it looks like Google was able to hold Verizon to more of the kind of deal that they honor with Apple. Being able to remove these apps or prevent the initial install is definitely a long way from what we've seen with other devices on the carrier.

Source: Google Pixel preloaded apps including SOME Verizon bloatware

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
sooo locked bootloader on verizon, I wonder how locked down it will be.... If this is verizon exclusive, I'll have to buy it through the devil if I want it... that's sad.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For a Verizon phone that's not a bad list at all. That looks a little less than most Droid phones. We get VZ Navigator, NFL Mobile, VZ Cloud to name a few. VZ Messages is actually not a bad SMS texting app which surprised me. I don;t think you can uninstall My Verizon though, only disable? But it's actually not a bad app either, easy way to pay your bill and monitor / control everything about your account right from your phone.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
sooo locked bootloader on verizon, I wonder how locked down it will be.... If this is verizon exclusive, I'll have to buy it through the devil if I want it... that's sad.
Reports I'm seeing say it's unlocked through the Google Store.

I also saw a report that its unlocked from Best Buy too, but when I was looking at them there today, they only had the 32GB version & the listing said Verizon. If I was getting it, I'd go through Google.

Sent from my Moto Z

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm reading on Twitter that Google is letting Verizon handle all Pixel system updates for their variant.

Smdh...

Sent from my Moto Z