List of bloatware/Apps okay to freeze?

Reaction score
Is there a list of bloatware/apps (for droid x) that is safe to freeze? Im not removing anything due to the fact I dont want to run into problems when an update comes and not being able/ having problems downloading. Is there a list out there of services/bloatware/apps that I can freeze? I have froze some of the obvious ones, Blockbuster, Amazon MP3, NFL 11, Ect.

Beka27

Reaction score
Quick question, assuming you just "freeze" with TB, in order to receive an OTA, do you HAVE TO "thaw", since it's still *technically* on the phone?

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Quick question, assuming you just "freeze" with TB, in order to receive an OTA, do you HAVE TO "thaw", since it's still *technically* on the phone?

I would think so, seeing as when you freeze some Apps they dont automatically disappear from the app drawer until you reboot the device.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes ma'am :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

beerpressure

Reaction score

I would think so, seeing as when you freeze some Apps they dont automatically disappear from the app drawer until you reboot the device.
Woops, I uninstalled mine instead of freezing them. I did make a nandroid backup before all this so i assume i can restore that and then will be able to get an OTA

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score

Woops, I uninstalled mine instead of freezing them. I did make a nandroid backup before all this so i assume i can restore that and then will be able to get an OTA

yes you can!

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
This is going to sound really stupid, but how do you "freeze" apps? I assume that freezing them just disables them??

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
You can only freeze applications if you're using the paid (Pro) version of Titanium. It's my understanding that all the program is essentially doing is renaming the file so that it's not called by the OS. Procedurally, you go about it the same way you would if you were uninstalling a program. Simply click on the app in question and hit "Freeze!".

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's right. You can also rename them yourself with Root Explorer.

You can only freeze applications if you're using the paid (Pro) version of Titanium. It's my understanding that all the program is essentially doing is renaming the file so that it's not called by the OS. Procedurally, you go about it the same way you would if you were uninstalling a program. Simply click on the app in question and hit "Freeze!".

DroidForums Junkie!!

deftdrummer

Reaction score
There is also a $.99 app in the market called Bloat Freeze - For Root. I personally like it better than Titanium Backup because it is less complicated and performs just one function. Also, it's cheaper.