Bloatware apps safe to remove on the Droid 4

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Is the bloatware app safe to freeze list being edited as people are finding problems with it? I'd hate to freeze something that shouldn't be.
Yep, the list is up to date :)

moccor

Reaction score
Yep, the list is up to date :)

Thanks. I hope my comment didn't sound unappreciative, I just didn't want some of the problems some people had, as it would inconvenience me.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I just discovered that "Social Location" is required to create a location trigger in Smart Actions so I've removed it from the list.

moccor

Reaction score
Note for other people (not sure if it's been stated) but freezing Facebook Authentication removed the profile pics in contacts.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Note for other people (not sure if it's been stated) but freezing Facebook Authentication removed the profile pics in contacts.
Hmm, that's strange. Do you use the standalone Facebook app?

moccor

Reaction score
Hmm, that's strange. Do you use the standalone Facebook app?

I use both. I think. 2 Facebook Icons show up in the accounts thing, but I can only add the one. And the other one I use for actual Facebook'ing. But the one I downloaded from the market doesn't have a option to sync contacts, I thought it did on my Droid X though...

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I just realized that this was already indicated at the bottom of the list. I've moved the warning up just in case.

Last edited:

moccor

Reaction score
I just realized that this was already indicated at the bottom of the list. I've moved the warning up just in case.
Oh, sorry then. Phones working awesome and I can actually use my phone now without it dieing before I go to sleep, good job.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Someone posted this question on page 2 but never got an answer.

If you uninstall the games can you still get the OTA update?

Obviously we should never uninstall system apps but since these games are pre installed I'm not sure how embedded they are in the system.

moccor

Reaction score

Obviously we should never uninstall system apps but since these games are pre installed I'm not sure how embedded they are in the system.

I think it was never answered because there hasn't been a OTA update yet :p. I mean sure they can take a guess on how other devices reacted with them, but they really can't give a sure answer.

Reaction score

The basic principal to follow is, if you can uninstall it the regular way, it is perfectly safe and will not have any impact on future otas. If th can uninstall it directly from the app drawer our web while in manage applications in settings, it is safe.

If you have to go into a third party root app like Rom toolbox or whatever in order to uninstall an app, it will make future otas fail.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

drush242

Reaction score
To follow up a bit, it seems to me if you want to use HDMI out, you cannot freeze "Motorola Dock Service," either.

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
I[m having trouble

I cant seem to get rid of the NFL thing. is there more than just one object that needs to be removed? I can't figure it out :/ I am running titanium backup.