Liquipel Improves Their Process Further & Creates 'Liquipod' Portable Machine

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
liquipel-demo-ad.jpg

Last year (and in 2011) we shared info about a company called Liquipel, who markets their process by which they coat your smartphone or other similar sized device in a nano-coating that provides both the outside and the inside with water-resistance. From CES this week, the company shared a couple of new announcements.

First, Liquipel has developed a 2.0 version of their product. This new enhanced liquid-repellant treatment is now certified beyond IPX7, (which is immersion at a depth of 1m for 30 minutes). This new version has "significant advancements in durability, corrosion resistance and water protection" than its predecessor, and is "up to 100 times more effective... while maintaining component integrity and RF sensitivity."

liquipod.jpg

Second, Liquipel is also taking things to a whole new level in marketability of their product. They announced their new "Liquipod" machines, which basically are smaller versions of the machine they currently use to treat electronic devices. This new machine (while still quite large) is still fairly portable, and the company plans to open multiple retail locations nationwide. Additionally, they are working out a program in which they can lease these 4ft x 4ft Liquipods out to other companies who want to offer the service.

It's great to see this technology continue to evolve. Hopefully very soon we will see these liquipods popping up in retail channels everywhere!

Source: TechCrunch

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have thought about treating my phones with this . i just dont want to be without my phone for a week..:/

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Great idea, nobody wants to send their phone in for a week. Having a local retailer is wonderful. Can't wait to get it done.

tommyz

Reaction score
Is this the process that is applied at the factory to the Droid RAZR family of phones?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is this the process that is applied at the factory to the Droid RAZR family of phones?

If it is, that would be pretty awesome on Motorola's part. I just know they put the phone in a high pressure chamber and pump in a fine mist of the substance. It goes all throughout the phone and makes it water proof. I remember the demo when the put it on a piece of tissue paper and it repelled the water perfectly but still felt and tore like normal tissue paper.