Sony Xperia S/Xperia Ion Gets Two Previously Unknown Features Outed Before Release

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony_xperia-s_1-front.jpg

The Sony Xperia S (coming to Europe in March), which will go by the name Xperia Ion when it comes state-side in the second quarter, just had a couple of interesting features revealed that were not shared before at the CES demonstration. Along with the regular gamut of high-end features like a 720p display, a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, and a 12-megapixel Exmor R camera, the phone will also boast a "dirt-repellent - UV-active nano-coating" and a newly advanced fast-charging system for the battery. Here's a quote from the AndroidCentral article with more details on this new fast-charging system,

The product manager also reportedly spilled a few details on the new battery tech employed by the Xperia S. The phone is said to use improved lithium-polymer technology that's capable of recharging in half the time taken by earlier models, with ten minutes of charging time apparently being enough to power the device for a whole hour.

More and more, these new Sony phones are beginning to look pretty impressive. They are packing in a ton of powerful features, they have a slim and elegant design, and Sony has, so far, held to its commitment to update their phones to the newest version of Android far more quickly than in the past, and even faster than several of their competitors sometimes. Is Sony worth a new look in 2012?

Source: AndroidCentral

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I hope vzw gets more Sony phones. I was shocked they got the XPERIA Play. If it would have been more beefed up spec wise I would have gotten it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hope vzw gets more Sony phones.
So do I. Their hardware is phenomenal. This phone looks pretty amazing and has the specs. Add to that the "nanocoating" and charging technology and they have a winner. Fantastic phone right here (my opinion of course)

pinoy_92

Reaction score
damn that's sexy... maybe i should finally ditch Motorola

B-Unit

Reaction score
I would like to see an updated Play in H1 bringing some quad core love with the gaming controls. The only thing keeping me away now is the obselecent hardware.

Not saying it wasn't good on release, just kinda dated now.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would like to see an updated Play in H1 bringing some quad core love with the gaming controls. The only thing keeping me away now is the obselecent hardware.

Not saying it wasn't good on release, just kinda dated now.

With how amazing Tegra 3 is with gaming having something like the Play would be cool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
This is the phone I want most this year. Please please please Sony bring it to Verizon!