Liquid Smooth [Bionic]!

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Yes the bootloader is locked there is a rumor going from motorola about them unlocking or making it easier to unlock end of this year, however as of now it is locked.

So i have a few questions...when will we be able to overclock? Does that require the bootloader to be unlocked? And. Is it possible that devs will be able to unlock this? Ever? And im brand new to droids..this db is my first...had a thunderbolt for 7 days then traded it in for the db. But before all this droid goodness i was a blackberry fanboy. So just trying to learn here...i got some idea of whats going on cuz i been reading alot of posts on the db... but like i said...loooove this phone...just so much smoother than any other stock droid ive seen ..cant wait to try a rom...overclock and lay down some serious benchmarks..(even tho it benches great now in stock form)...and one quick last question ... do any of these benchmark programs actually truely support dual cores? Thanks in advanced guys!

Suuperflie

Reaction score
To overclock you Need to change the kernel, which requires unlocking the bootloader. You can load ROMs all day long with a locked bootloader though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Thats not good news....im sure they'll get it done...there are several money rewards for someone to crack it.. so im sure it will get done. Then ee'll be cooking hahaha thanks for the info

jayman350

Reaction score
Thats not good news....im sure they'll get it done...there are several money rewards for someone to crack it.. so im sure it will get done. Then ee'll be cooking hahaha thanks for the info

yeah I wouldn't hold your breath on getting it unlocked. I'm not saying it won't happen, but there are a handful of MOTO phones that people have been attempting to unlock with no success.

As far as Liquid roms go, I never really cared for them and they didn't work that well on my phone... I used to browse their section of DF and I have never seen so much solicitation for donations in any other rom, left a bad taste in my mouth so I found something else to use.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

As far as Liquid roms go, I never really cared for them and they didn't work that well on my phone... I used to browse their section of DF and I have never seen so much solicitation for donations in any other rom, left a bad taste in my mouth so I found something else to use.

Name one dev that never asked if their work was appreciated to donate. Look at all the paid apps, what's so different about Liquid getting appreciation for his work, whether it's a simple thanks or a 10 spot. Go bring your trash talk somewhere else, this thread it to support Liquid so he'll dev for the DB...

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
Name one dev that never asked if their work was appreciated to donate. Look at all the paid apps, what's so different about Liquid getting appreciation for his work, whether it's a simple thanks or a 10 spot. Go bring your trash talk somewhere else, this thread it to support Liquid so he'll dev for the DB...
The name calling is uncalled for. He never said no one else asked for donations, he expressed his opinion that he felt there was excessive solicitation. You made a personal attack.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of liquid but ill admit that I was a bit put off also when he first started almost demanding donations. Then I found out his situation. Going to school full time and still finding time to develope for the Android community is a good enough reason for me. Liquid does good work and he pores A LOT of time into his products. If having a fully developed custom Rom built by somebody whos doing it out of there love for Android and the goodness of there heart is not worth a donation from you then you can research the process and build your own. I guarantee if you managed to build a successful Rom and theme it you would be asking for donations too after all the time you purer into it. I see no reason that us end users can't show our appreciation by contributing even 5 or 10 bucks. Its not much money but it makes a big difference to someone that's just trying to make ends meet like alot of these awesome developers. If you wanted custom work done on your car would you expect the mechanic to do the work for free because he enjoys what he does?

This post was not directed at anyone in particular just a little personal rant.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Sounds similar to Pete's situation, but I've never seen him shoving donation requests down anyone's throat.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Well everybody handles situations differently.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

jayman350

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

I never said that other devs don't ask for donations, but as someone else pointed out there was a time where Liquid was almost demanding donations. I have supported other devs who's work I really liked and used a lot, I could list them if you like, but it is beside the point. I understand that there are financial implications for developing on the side, webspace and servers, the actual device, etc, etc. I didn't like the tone of how donations were being solicited, that is all.

I have used almost every rom that was produced for the DROID. For ME, Liquid's roms did not work well, on multiple different phones. No trash talking here, just stating a fact that different devices handle things differently. I appreciate the work that goes into making these roms/themes/kernels, but they are hardly one size fits all. Hell, I had a replacement D1 that didn't like the kernels that I had used on the original one I bought, so I had to investigate the other options that were out there.

I've never talked to you before, yet you feel the need to call me a moron. Grow up and get over it, not everyone is going to have the same opinions as you.

I think I'm gonna go donate some money to woodyman and the Droid Concepts team, because they made a product that I like and still have on my D1.

r1nstang

Reaction score
I ran liquid roms on a couple phones and they were great. just got a bionic yesterday and seen this post. just an FYI you can pick up the bionic from cowboom.com its like best buys used phone page....I got one in mint condition for $190 shipped

bthoms

Reaction score
Would Love Some Bionic Liquid Love

I would love to see Liquid Roms make it to the Bionic. Liquid Roms is all I ran on my OG Driod and it was great. Love the customization and performance of them. The one issue I had was with text not being received with Handcent, but it worked fine with the normal text app.

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
Most Roms are based off of cyanogenmod source with some tweaks here and there and some theming. Once ics4bionic (cm9) is done and there is a good/solid base to work with we will have a higher chance of getting more Roms.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk