Line on lock screen?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is something that I am just now noticing and not an issue with my screen. There is a horizontal line running across the lock screen that it right below the date and time and right above where it says what time my alarm is set for. The line is not there once I unlock the phone and I can't see it any other time. Do your phones have this same line?

Ta2Bri

Reaction score
caught a glimpse of it today

I saw it for a second when I looked down, but was unlocking my phone and it went away.
Didn't think anything of it until I saw your thread...
Hoping it's just a residual from the clock running there.

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw it for a second when I looked down, but was unlocking my phone and it went away.
Didn't think anything of it until I saw your thread...
Hoping it's just a residual from the clock running there.

That's what I am hoping as well. Anyone else care to say whether this happens on their phone or not?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yeah it's normal : ) it's part of the "banner" area

mjs31

Reaction score
I'm hoping this is something that I am just now noticing and not an issue with my screen. There is a horizontal line running across the lock screen that it right below the date and time and right above where it says what time my alarm is set for. The line is not there once I unlock the phone and I can't see it any other time. Do your phones have this same line?

Normal. Similar to an overlay on many phones. Basically just a separate area.

Christobal

Reaction score
That's odd. I've had a Droid since Friday and I JUST noticed this earlier today. I thought something was wrong since I didn't notice if before. I'll assume it's normal Thanks!

C

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was worried because I just noticed it yesterday and I am on my third Droid. Luckily, the third time was the charm!

awantagrde

Reaction score
I have a motorola Milestone, and since yesterday, I have this annoying line, crossing the display, just in the lock screen and right between clock and alarm setting.. I have this phone since december.. no updates were installed.. don´t know, when I first saw it, I was... ****! the screen controller has the matrix broken.. but it is just in the lock screen...

still waiting for the android update for milestone.. perhaps it will overwrite the pseudocorruption that causes that.. and. many other bugs in android OS..

Cheers,
Mario.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Mario you have failed to even read the thread : )

The device is fine.

awantagrde

Reaction score
I know the device is fine.. it´s not a hardware fault, that was my first impression before unlock with the wheel.... but the line has appear yesterday, it was not there..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I know the device is fine.. it´s not a hardware fault, that was my first impression before unlock with the wheel.... but the line has appear yesterday, it was not there..
Thats very strange.

Well at least you now know that it's supposed to be there. : )

By the way welcome to the forums. I don't know if you made an intro thread or maybe I just missed it but welcome.